"Ferret Key To Bridging Digital Divide"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambri

Plotting something
Registered
Reaction score
Second star to the right, straight on till evening
That's awesome. BUT . . . did anyone happen to see that that article was published on April FIRST? I mean, it's cool if true, but I know I've seen bogus/ tongue-in-cheek stuff on MSN.com on previous April Fool's Days. . .

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
That's awesome. BUT . . . did anyone happen to see that that article was published on April FIRST? I mean, it's cool if true, but I know I've seen bogus/ tongue-in-cheek stuff on MSN.com on previous April Fool's Days. . .

That one WAS an April Fool's joke, but ferrets have been used for running cables in the Air Force.

A ferret named Misty was used to help pull conduit at Peterson Air Force Base. Additional wires had to be run through 40-foot-long narrow pipes, called conduits, under the floor to connect computers. A piece of yarn was tied around the ferret's midsection. The animal crawled through the conduit, towing the yarn behind her. Then the loose end was tied around the wires and they were pulled through the conduit. Misty made several trips, and her work was done in an hour.

So there was more truth to the cable story then the joke writer was probably aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.