I think I hate Amazon.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
On February 16th, I preordered Princess and the Frog.

I was sure (though wasn't told) that I would get it on the day of release, as I had with the Harry Potter Amazon preorders.

I live within 3 hours of two different Amazon distribution centers (both in Kentucky).

I was told that my order shipped on Monday.

It is now Thursday.

Suffice to say I am very pissed off, as I have never had a bad order from them in the three years I've had an account.

If it's not here by Saturday, I will be emailing someone.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
You've never had a bad order in three years of service, and this one screw up caused you to hate Amazon? I guess it's true when they say customers are fickle.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Heheheh.

:p

I just really want my movie. :p And to be fair, I did say 'I think'. ;)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I've never found it necessary to pre-order anything that's wide release. I've always gone to the appropriate store on the release date, and they've had plenty.

Well, except for three particular movies, that is... Those I pre-ordered, then stood in line at midnight to pick up. :D

Hope you get your movie soon, PN.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
It just got mailed out today. :faint:

Won't be here 'til the 22nd.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
The last time I pre-ordered anything from them, the same thing has happened. They've shipped it to me on the date of release instead of my receiving it. I just don't pre-order from them anymore. Now I do the same as Yeshanu - I just go somewhere and pick it up on the day of release. I've never had a problem doing it that way.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
The thing is, I'm ranting more about the fact that I live 3 hours away from a distribution center and they spend a week getting it to me.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
On February 16th, I preordered Princess and the Frog.

I was sure (though wasn't told) that I would get it on the day of release, as I had with the Harry Potter Amazon preorders.

I live within 3 hours of two different Amazon distribution centers (both in Kentucky).

I was told that my order shipped on Monday.

It is now Thursday.

Suffice to say I am very pissed off, as I have never had a bad order from them in the three years I've had an account.

If it's not here by Saturday, I will be emailing someone.

It's a really, really disappointing movie.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In a perfect world, all internet companies would work like Zappos. I am in Washington. They ship from Kentucky. If I order from them this morning, I will have a package sitting on my porch by noon tomorrow. It's like magic.

Amazon is great for many things, but not for pre-orders.

*runs off to order more shoes from Zappos*

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is, I'm ranting more about the fact that I live 3 hours away from a distribution center and they spend a week getting it to me.

It could be that it's spending a week in some mammoth postal distribution centre. That's usually what happens in Canada, anyhow... :tongue