• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Stimola Literary Studio (Rosemary Stimola)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her about two weeks ago and heard nothing, so I'm going to say that's a "no." She's top-notch, though. If she's interested in you, you're doing something right!

ILove2Write

Jaws has nightmares too
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her about two weeks ago and heard nothing, so I'm going to say that's a "no." She's top-notch, though. If she's interested in you, you're doing something right!

This is what I always wonder, how do you know that your email ever even went through? It's so scary. I e-mailed yesterday and haven't had a speedy response like everyone else so I'm anxiously crossing my fingers. So far I've had 2 request partials, 1 rejection and 1 no show.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
This is what I always wonder, how do you know that your email ever even went through? It's so scary. I e-mailed yesterday and haven't had a speedy response like everyone else so I'm anxiously crossing my fingers. So far I've had 2 request partials, 1 rejection and 1 no show.

You really can't tell, and it IS a bit nervewracking. I wish agencies with no response policies would set up some kind of automated message like, "Hi, we received your query, thank you." Andrea Brown's agency does that, and it was definitely better for my nerves.

ILove2Write

Jaws has nightmares too
Registered
Reaction score
"Hi, we received your query, thank you." Andrea Brown's agency does that, and it was definitely better for my nerves.

That's so nice. They're next on my list!

And so far nothing, although I realize it's only been two days, but considering how everyone got an hour to a day response... Oh well, crossing my fingers still.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
That's so nice. They're next on my list!

And so far nothing, although I realize it's only been two days, but considering how everyone got an hour to a day response... Oh well, crossing my fingers still.

They're very nice people - and sometimes when they have the time, they'll e-mail you even when they reject you. Got a very polite form R after two weeks.

But anyway, good luck with Rosemary Stimola! Even those fast responders have to take a break from queries once in a while.

cgalexander

Registered
Reaction score
I sent in my full seven weeks ago and have been waiting on pins and needles ever since. Anyone know what the longest wait has been for a response to an e-mailed submission? It's exciting to have a manuscript read by such a high-profile agent and yet so nerve-wracking as well.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Cgalexander, if you haven't already, you might think about becoming a member of QueryTracker.net. It's free, and once you're a member, you have access to all sorts of statistics.

So here's the low-down on Ms. Stimola based on QT users: All time, maximum response time on those manuscripts that received negative responses is 29 days (with a 15-day median). Maximum response time on those manuscripts that received positive responses is 56 days (with a 14-day median).

Since September 1, 2010, she's responded to one QT user (a negative response), and that took 14 days.

Hope that helps. Good luck, and keep hanging in there!

cgalexander

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Krista! And, by the way, I read your agent interviews whenever I'm researching an agent. Thank you for providing this service to all of us aspiring authors.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome, cgalexander! But I must admit, I'm one of those aspiring authors, too, so my motives aren't entirely altruistic :)

cgalexander

Registered
Reaction score
After a wait of about two months, I received a rejection on my full. It's disappointing -- obviously -- but I appreciate that Ms. Stimola took the time to give me the most useful and insightful feedback I've ever received from an agent. She knows the business, and my manuscript will be 100% better after I finish incorporating her suggestions.

Good luck to anyone else who submits. Based on my correspondence with her, Ms. Stimola seems like a top notch agent.

Last edited:

thundergirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hasn't anyone queried Rosemary Stimola since 2010? I'd think with the HUNGER GAMES out and all that she'd be getting besmirched with queries... ?

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Hehe, she has probably been praying for the last year for a manuscript not about a dystopian future with teens with crossbows. Or vampire werewolf teens with crossbows.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Yeah, I am surprised this thread is so quiet. I have queried her a couple times and not gotten any responses. She does state that she's a non-responder.

My manuscripts have been middle grade contemporaries - NOT dystopian vampires.

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her today with a YA thriller--a genre the website states they're looking for. Fingers crossed!

bershka

I queried her back in February with my first manuscript but she never responded back

whirlaway

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her way back in November (2011) and received a handwritten rejection 9 days later.

CelesteBC

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Stimola Literary Studio for picture books? Her website says they are currently looking for "spare of language" picture books for the very young, which is what I have been writing. But she doesn't give separate instructions for picture books submissions. Do I still email her a query, even though the full manuscript is less than 200 words? Or do I do the cover letter/full manuscript submission that seems to be standard for picture book submissions?

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am preparing to query Rosemary Stimola of Stimola Literary and I was reading her submission guidelines which said:

Queries, no more than one page in length, including synopsis, credentials and statement of what makes book distinctive or unique are preferred via e-mail

I was a bit confused and wondered if anyone had some experience querying Rosemary. Does this mean that the one page must include the synopsis, or that she wants a one page query and a synopsis, or that she is calling the query a synopsis? Any thoughts. Thanks.

PenTeller

Registered
Reaction score
I'm guessing she means a query that includes what the book is about. I think a lot of agents get queries with the title, the genre, and their contact info...with no blurb. So she's specifying that she wants the query to include the book summary.

Someone who's queried them might have better information, though.

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
That's what a couple people in the YA forums thought as well, though no one had first hand experience. I think I'll go with that unless I find out otherwise. Thanks for your input.

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
EQ 10/7/14
Auto-response received 10/7/14
No response / assuming "no"

PandaNinja

Panda loves ninjas~
Registered
Reaction score
Allison requested the full to my manuscript this month. I’m crossing my fingers to hopefully hear something back from her!

Stats:
Queried: 10/22
Full Request: 10/23

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with this agency? I'm specifically interested in Erica Rand Silverman. Thanks.

AJSchumacher

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with this agency? I'm specifically interested in Erica Rand Silverman. Thanks.

Hi there! I'm new to the forum, but have found a plethora of great information here, so I finally bit the bullet and joined!

I queried Peter Ryan of Stimola last year, who happened to request my full, and just this week emailed to set up a call. This is for a graphic novel though, so I'm not sure how relevant it is to this thread as a whole. A graphic novelist friend of mine is represented by Peter and has nothing but good things to say (especially since he sold a two-book deal to Random House for her :)). Anyway, just thought I'd add my experience with the agency thus far.