• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mansion Street Literary Management

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I went to the websites of the publishers from the recent deals page, and found books I've definitely seen at the bookstore from all of them. So that part looks good. I also checked Simon & Schuster and confirmed that "Mosh Potatoes" is a forthcoming book from Atria, so that part looks good, too.

No personal experience though.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company. It seems to be run by *snip* and seems to be fairly new. They already have some sales. Anyone with any info? http://mansionstreet.com/

Thanks for the agent name. I was seriously looking for agent names everywhere on that website and couldn't find one. I had to address the query as "Dear Mansion Street Literary" and felt totally guilty for it. :(

Last edited:

iowawriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the agent name. I was seriously looking for agent names everywhere on that website and couldn't find one. I had to address the query as "Dear Mansion Street Literary" and felt totally guilty for it. :(

That was how I address my query yesterday. She must not have taken it too personally because I got a partial request out of it.

skippingstone

Bouncing Atop the Water
Registered
Reaction score
I queried them as well today. I, too, searched their site up and down trying to find somebody's name just to avoid the "Dear Mysterious Literary Entity" salutation but to no avail. They seem a bit cloak and dagger. Or paranoid. Or quirkily fun and weird.

shellwitte

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michellewittebooks.com
Mansion Street is legit. I can confirm it both as an editor with Gibbs Smith who has worked with her and now as a bookstore owner.

It's a new boutique agency that is building its clientele, and I can guarantee that any writers she takes on are in good hands.

As for skippingstone's suggestions, I'd say "quirkily fun and weird" would be accurate.

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they reply to every query? I want to know if I should bother putting them on the spreadsheet as knowing I'll get a response.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Any particular reason for the deletion of the agent's name?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
The agent who (I believe) runs the agency is <snipped> and I'd address my queries to her. A Google search reveals that she reps the literary estate of Charles Schulz.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I've been notified that the agent is trying to minimize her name-print because of "stalker issues". A minor Google will find it, but we'll accede for the time being and keep it off this page (and the Index).

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Oh...thanks for the headsup about the agent name. I ran across her name on another forum just the day before. I won't post it again here!

Last edited:

Lilly Maiden

Fingers Always Crossed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.hellokitty.com
Has anyone gotten a response to their queries, positive or negative? What was the turnaround time? Or is this a no response is a no agency? Thanks!

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
I've gotten nothing yet but I only queried mid March. Sometimes it takes a couple of months. I wouldn't worry yet, though I do hope they're not a 'no response = no' agent.

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
They're not. I sent my query 3/15 and got a rejection 3/17. Just said it wasn't for her. Maybe she's still considering yours!

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Do agents do that? Keep queries they're not sure on to consider them? Well, I guess it gives me hope...but then I wonder how long they'll be considering for.

Unless..it didn't go through? But that rarely happens (except with the Irene Goodman agency)

Last edited:

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember where I read it but I did see an agent's blog somewhere that she often puts aside a query if she's on the fence about it and come back later to see if she still likes it.

It not going through could also be an option. Maybe just wait a little longer and requery then because this agency isn't a no response = no.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Got the rejection today, like two seconds after I submitted a logline query to Jennifer Laughran's twitter contest. Probably not connected, but still. Weird.