Gas Prices will rise 21 cents more ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonnaBeFamous

Registered
Reaction score
Read a article that gas will go up another 21 cents in the next few weeks.

Right now the cheapest gas in my whole area(I'm in central cali) is 2.51

Cabinscribe

Often ignored by muses
Registered
Reaction score
Got some today for $2.49; another station had it for $2.69.

Fortunately, I drive a Saturn and live not far from work!

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
I'm not worried, I just bought a new car and invested all my money in my own fuel company.

B00005BRIQ.01._PE20_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I live in NC and the cheapest I've seen is $2.35 and that's for regular (87 grade) I'm tempted to go in one of the gas stations and tell them to raise it to $4.00 a gallon...at least that way the price will eventually catch up in a week or two...

JAplha...where did you get your car?? I want one!! Maybe you ought to send that to our illustrious government officials up in Washington who don't drive!!!

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
aspiringwriter said:
JAplha...where did you get your car?? I want one!! Maybe you ought to send that to our illustrious government officials up in Washington who don't drive!!!

Oh yes, you must get one. Though I think the convertible model would suit you better than the coupe.

You can buy it at your local Little Tykes Dealer a division of Rubbermaid.

Last edited:

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Ours just went up another 10 cents last night (fortunately, I've scoped out where all the stations are that lag behind) to $2.47...

Guess my brother and I need to start getting on that electric car idea...

What's so amusing (well, not really) is that on 9/11/01, gas stations around the state (maybe nation?) jacked their price up to $3 a gallon or so, and were chastised (and threatened) by our governor for gouging, told to make things right or face penalties.

Apparently the trick is to raise it 10 cents a gallon every few days, and it makes it all okay...since ours was a mere $2.19 about a week or two ago.

Last edited:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine staying home more than I already do

But it looks like I'll have to. :(

"I'm sorry. I can't come to work today. After taxes and fuel my take home pay is zero." I can't work for free."

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm in CA and the cheapest gas here is $2.69 last week! Oy! And at some places over $3. o_O

It's tough here because you HAVE to drive everywhere (and everywhere you go, it's at least 10 miles away) and it's difficult to find good carpool...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The waiting lists for those hybrid cars are SO LONG... Good thing is, I have a roadster that does 35 mpg. ;) So I usually wave and grin at the soccer moms in SUVs as I accelerate past them... :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you... :) I wish the government (and we ALL know this isn't a perfect world BUT if it was) they would let people trade in their gas guzzlers for the hybrids... Yeah, right that will happen. Those people up in Washington don't have to drive!!!

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Stop whingeing! Ours is about $1.50 a bloody litre!

:mad: <- Me. Sulking.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
I quit my job recently because I used to drive 1 hour, 1 way to work and out of about $1000 I made a month, I paid out about $400 in gas, parking and food. I simply could no longer afford to go to work. I drive a 2003 Corolla and still had to get gas 2, sometimes 3 times a week. We don't have that extra $600 a month, but at least I'm not spending an extra $400, either.

By the way, the median gas price in my town (noticed this morning) is about $2.57.

WVWG

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
aspiringwriter said:
Good for you... :) I wish the government (and we ALL know this isn't a perfect world BUT if it was) they would let people trade in their gas guzzlers for the hybrids... Yeah, right that will happen. Those people up in Washington don't have to drive!!!

I think it's the car dealers/manufacturers... they know they can't really sell those hybrids for outrageous amount of money (I think the Pirus, for example, is less than $20K) but supply/demand would jack up the price to way above MSRP. So the longer the wait, the more profit they would make.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What kills me are all the ads touting the supposedly phenomenal mileage these new hybrids get. I saw one for the Prius bragging about getting 50mpg on the highway. I learned how to drive on a 1961 Austin Mini that got 51. You'd think that nearly half a century later, they'd be able to make more of an improvement than that, especially considering the amount of technology crammed into that thing. Cripes, the Mini wasn't much more complicated than a go-cart and at the time you could buy two or three new ones for the price of a new Pontiac.

I'm not seeing much in the way of progress here.

Marisa Louise

Nobody knows...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I went to fill my tank two days ago and I had $40.

It used to get to about $35 and that was it and the tank was full.

I gave the clerk my $40 and happily pranced otuside to fill 'er up. It' got to $40 mark before my tank had that happy click to announce it had had enough fuel for the evening.

(shakes head) I say the US has a week where we rufuse to buy fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.