Trying To Write Real Dark Poetry?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't what I meant and I've done my best to explain what I meant. So I'm going to back out here, because I don't have the words to explain it better.
I'm not sure why the drama - I've said that I understand what you meant, and I explained why I made the original comment.

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
It's not intended as drama. I often don't have a way to put my non-verbal thoughts into words. It's clear I failed to express what I meant from the reactions, but I can't tell you what I failed to express, because there aren't words for it in my head. When that happens to me, it's best not to try and force the words.

It's me, not you. Don't worry about it. :)

Sounds 'eekishly' familiar...

Dorian W. Gray

New Kid, be brutally honest
Registered
Reaction score
On the Upper West Side of Manhattan, in NYC
Poetry in your own words

How about using your words into poetry? Just a sugesstion at this wee hours of the night...

These are mostly your words.:

You know that you have a dark side
Have your thoughts and you have
thought of having dark thoughts?
As if you might think of getting burned
by the electric chair, or be killed
by a knife inside your skull,
a shotgun ripping your face apart
it is really complicated to explain
I might as well just fall apart.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I hate when a thread is confusing before I even arrive.

Dark poetry comes from dark memories. Poetry is the one true medium for bleeding your emotions and memories into words.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Dark poetry comes from dark memories. Poetry is the one true medium for bleeding your emotions and memories into words.
I hate that too. And congrats on the thoroughly enjoyable Winter Olympics. Which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Which fits right in.

I mean the folks in Vancouver, and Canada in general. Obviously YOU didn't have anything to do with it. Well...that's not fair. I'm sure you pay an ass-load of taxes and some portion of that must have gone to foot the bill for the very enjoyable Olympics that I very enjoyably enjoyed.

?

Anyway, I don't know why you keep trying to spew your hockey-winning arrogance in these poetry threads. You bastard.

:D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

QFT ^^^^^^^^^^^ Exactly this.

Searching

Registered
Reaction score
Poetry is all about feeling and truth. What is true for some, of course, isn't necessarily for others. But, whatever you're feeling, if you are honest with yourself and do you best to transcribe it onto the page, it will read true. Whatever, you do, you don't force it out. You don't sit and stare at the page or the monitor. That is never the way, and good writing is rarely born from that.

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Poetry, rap music is poetry with a beat. Rappers are poets (well, some of them, not all).

Do you dislike this anthology because they're niggas?

Well, I got a quote from you by 2Pac.

edited by moderator

Read some Robert Southwell, Coleridge and Blake and if you can match it, then change your name to GreatPoet or something of that ilk.

TheGreatestWriter?

Please!

As for the anthology, there might be good stuff in it, I wouldn't know.

I do know this however.

No person, white, black or magenta, has an obligation to pander to the inferiority complexes of witless hacks who swagger about screeching for respect when they have accomplished nothing to deserve it.

Witless hacks come in all colours, shapes and sizes.

Last edited:

Slushie

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Who are you referencing as being witless hacks? It came across to me as being the other posters on the poetry forum... but your posting history shows you playing poetry games and being happy, so that left me a bit baffled.

I think Rufus might have accidentally flamed a mannequin.

Scoody

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't what I meant and I've done my best to explain what I meant. So I'm going to back out here, because I don't have the words to explain it better.

Dude, this right here and better yet that it came from you, should express to you that just maybe, Poetry is not your strong suite.

Poetry is expession. It is about expressing what is in your heart and soul at the moment you are putting pen to paper. You like dark poetry and want to write something like it.

Slushie

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I have this feeling I've missed something, like one of the previous threads I took part it where it turned out the other posters had engaged in mortal combat behind the scenes and I was the last to know. :)

No worries. The OP was banned a few weeks ago, so responding to him/her would be like talking to a mannequin.

A joke is bad when it has to be explained. :(

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Who are you referencing as being witless hacks? It came across to me as being the other posters on the poetry forum...

Glad you pointed this out. Just in case anyone got that idea, I think the other posters on the poetry forum are wonderful and I am indeed having fun.

Last edited: