Extreme Monostich Execution

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
We learnt in momentary monostich monotony how to write monostich in its most simple and basic manner, without being tied to the form. We got on very well...

We went that one step further in Advanced monostich mayhem and discovered that we were already to an extent writing monostich in this manner quite naturtally...

But are we prepared for the most extreme form of monostich? the level that is regulalry published, and considered by some the East-European (Russian/Slovak) equivallent to haiku?

Well, let's give it a go...

Basically the format is the same, only now we use a single line consisting of no more than 12 syllables and no less than 4. We must asonate or alliterate - the piece must be a complete thought and not a fragmented sentence. There must not be any form of simile present as that can easily be split into two lines through sonics and reader-break -- and the line must not be punctuated (or show possibility for it)...as before the last word of the previous piece will be the first for the following one.

Have you got what it takes? I'll go first by way of example:

Armanian wailing walls fall

ajc

What do I know?
Registered
Reaction score
We learnt in momentary monostich monotony how to write monostich in its most simple and basic manner, without being tied to the form. We got on very well...

We went that one step further in Advanced monostich mayhem and discovered that we were already to an extent writing monostich in this manner quite naturtally...

But are we prepared for the most extreme form of monostich? the level that is regulalry published, and considered by some the East-European (Russian/Slovak) equivallent to haiku?

Well, let's give it a go...

Basically the format is the same, only now we use a single line consisting of no more than 12 syllables and no less than 4. We must asonate or alliterate - the piece must be a complete thought and not a fragmented sentence. There must not be any form of simile present as that can easily be split into two lines through sonics and reader-break -- and the line must not be punctuated (or show possibility for it)...as before the last word of the previous piece will be the first for the following one.

Have you got what it takes? I'll go first by way of example:

Armanian wailing walls fall

What does this mean? Is it another version of Armenian or is there a poetic deeper meaning that I'm not getting?

kborsden

Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
What does this mean? Is it another version of Armenian or is there a poetic deeper meaning that I'm not getting?

Armani...its something Tom Robbins once said about the high fashion crowd being the world of Armania. Therefore, someone from Armania would be Armanian...

Kerlee

It's all a big misunderstanding...
Registered
Reaction score
shut the lips before vitriol slips

kborsden

Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
follow the hollow slow and slick

//I know I cut off the 's', but with it attached a complete sentence and non-fragmented one would be impossible without archaic inversion and unnatural wording - cheating? Maybe...

onestepp

Registered
Reaction score
Distortions, illusions, illustrate magic.

onestepp

Registered
Reaction score
order, ordinary, old dreams strike harp.

onestepp

Registered
Reaction score
dirge unsung bell tolled heaven's gates.