Where to put

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who wants to share his idea, but I don't know where it belongs on the forums, help?

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who wants to share his idea, but I don't know where it belongs on the forums, help?

He should join the forums, so he can post under his own name and interract directly.

Then he can post in the newbie forum introducing himself, and saying hi, and mention what he would like to post. And people will helpfully guide him.

But it really does work best if he posts and interracts for himself.

~suki

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
He don't want to join or can't. :(

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to join, then perhaps we don't want to help him.

I mean, seriously, what's stopping him? We accept young people, we don't charge, we don't spam, we don't require high-speed internet or frequent posts. If he wants our help, he's got to meet us half-way, not through a surrogate.

Maryn, who hopes he will

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
He would join if the register system would allow him through, but he's 12 and they want his parents' permission to be faxed to them. Who uses fax these days? His parents doesn't have fax or machine that can scan. Does have to wait for a year? He's really talented...and maybe wants to join if it would let him through..

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He would join if the register system would allow him through, but he's 12 and they want his parents' permission to be faxed to them. Who uses fax these days? His parents doesn't have fax or machine that can scan. Does have to wait for a year? He's really talented...and maybe wants to join if it would let him through..

Honestly, and I'm only speaking for myself here, but I don't think it's a good idea to critique the work of a 12 year old, and certainly not without disclosing to critiquers that he is 12.

My advice is that when he is old enough, he can join. But I think it's a bad idea for you to post his work and funnel the critiques to him, especially given his age.

Age limits are there for a reason. And for the protection of the site owners - ie, laws that require screeing content and whatnot.

But for me, I think it's a much different issue with critiquing 12 year olds, as opposed to older persons.

if you do post on his behalf, and I would advise against it, make sure you explain that the writing is that of a 12 yer old who can not join himself without parental permission so that critiquers can critique accordingly.

~suki

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
His parents can email me, Sadron, at the contact address. There are other alternatives.

But at twelve, if he actually doesn't have parental permission to be here, he can't be here.

I do understand that may seem arbitrary, unfair, and over-protective. However, it's federal law, not just me being controlling. I'm absolutely required to comply. Not only is it important to preserve the online privacy and protection of children, but also, I'd fair very poorly in prison.

Last edited:

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
I deliver the message. I can understand the law thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.