More or Less Governance?

Do you favor smaller government or larger government? (See OP)

• Total voters

Slushie

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
My microwave is more efficient than my oven. I guess it depends on what's going in, though. I don't like microwaved pizza. I do like microwaved pizza-rolls.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
The efficiently evil Nazis came to power via filling a leadership vacuum generated by a public disaffection with an incompetent but mostly benign Weimar Republic.

caw

I don't know if I'd call the Weimar republic incompetent. They did contend with a crippling war debt, hyper inflation, a staggering unemployment for the majority of the time it existed. In addition to famine, two broken generations, and a change of psyche in the whole of the western Europe where the ideals of the victorian era preceeding it was ground to dust in the machine gun rattle of the Somme with nothing to replace it.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure even a competent administration would have no clue what to do with the situation Germany had been dumped into.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
My microwave is more efficient than my oven. I guess it depends on what's going in, though. I don't like microwaved pizza. I do like microwaved pizza-rolls.
If only the efficiency and effectiveness of governments could be measured as easily as that of ovens.

Can I get a cheap little toaster-oven government?

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
I voted for a smaller government.
But what I really want is for the government to stop thinking it has the responsibility to fix everything.
Just get out of my way and leave me (and my business) alone.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I voted for a smaller government.
But what I really want is for the government to stop thinking it has the responsibility to fix everything.
Just get out of my way and leave me (and my business) alone.

This. Government is striving to replace society, and the effects of this are becoming more and more devastating to societies and individuals.