Can the Kodak Instamatic be far behind?

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
ARGH! My eyes burn from the random non-writer comment under the article:

I luv d polaroids but i’ve heard sum things bout dem dat they dont work aftr a few pic…. is it true???

Good lord dude, just write a proper sentence- wouldn't it be easier? O_O

Jokes aside, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those. It's a shame about the goofy eyepiece- a more modern LCD would have had me giggling with delight.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, so at first glance I thought this was a box containing a small CCD webcam-type thing and a small color printer. It's the 21st Century, and that would only make sense.
You DO get to. These will use the resurrected Polaroid 600 film produced in Holland by The Impossible Project.
You mean these are Polaroid cameras but they do NOT use Polaroid film?

Well I guess they WOULD use true Polaroid film if you could find it. But it's hilarious that Polaroid would start making the cameras when they no longer make the film.

I wonder about the design, too. Are they still the same, or very similar to the original?
ARGH! My eyes burn from the random non-writer comment under the article:

Good lord dude, just write a proper sentence- wouldn't it be easier? O_O

I luv d polaroids but i’ve heard sum things bout dem dat they dont work aftr a few pic…. is it true???
Yeah, dude, it's twue, er, true. They stop working after only TEN pictures. Then you have to take the old empty filmpack out and put a new one in.

The rumors about LP's are true too: They stop playing after about 20 minutes and you have to turn them over to hear the second half of the album!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, so at first glance I thought this was a box containing a small CCD webcam-type thing and a small color printer. It's the 21st Century, and that would only make sense.

You mean these are Polaroid cameras but they do NOT use Polaroid film?

Well I guess they WOULD use true Polaroid film if you could find it. But it's hilarious that Polaroid would start making the cameras when they no longer make the film.

I wonder about the design, too. Are they still the same, or very similar to the original?

Yeah, dude, it's twue, er, true. They stop working after only TEN pictures. Then you have to take the old empty filmpack out and put a new one in.

The rumors about LP's are true too: They stop playing after about 20 minutes and you have to turn them over to hear the second half of the album!
Next you'll be telling me you actually had to stand up and walk across the room to change the TV channel...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Next you'll be telling me you actually had to stand up and walk across the room to change the TV channel...

Oh man, I remember those days. It was BRUTAL!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody else remember when dishes were like 8 feet wide and you had to rotate it back and forth to tune into certain stations?

Dear god that sucked. Having to walk up to that box and push the button and wait while you heard this giant dish creak and rattle to a new position.