Let's play "Twist this character"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bukarella

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here are the rules:

One names a folklore, mythical creature that everyone is familiar with, and the person below puts a twist on it, and offers another character for a twist.

Example: I mentioned "unicorn" on another thread, and dirtsider started talking about virgin eating unicorns (go well with pesto sauce or something of that nature? heh) I think it's brilliant. So, lets remind ourselves to think outside the box when working with familiar characters.

Ready?

Twist a gnome!

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Gnomes have been greatly misinterpreted by the silly humans as a mine-dwelling, pointy-hatted, bearded fellows. While this is true, they also have small butterfly wings in their backs and star-pointed wands, which they use to revitalize the poor human children they enslave in their mines.

Any character? Then twist Oliver Twist.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Secretly a vampire and joins Fagin's gang so he can feed off people who won't be missed by the authorities.

Orphaned Farmboy of Prophecy!
The orphaned farmboy has huge magical potential, but it only applies to growing food crops. He would be too valuable to take on a quest, instead has to travel around the kingdom like Johnny Appleseed. Someone else has to be the warrior...

Next myth: Merlin the wizard.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
This is fun. Great idea.

But y'know? There is a forum here in the Watercooler specifically designed for writing games. It's the Exercises, Prompts and Games forum.

Now, that said, we do have a game in here that is unique to our forum: the SciFi/Fantasy First Line Game. I've allowed it to remain here because of it is genre specific.

If you guys want to limit this game to the SF/F genres, I suppose I might be persuaded to leave it in here and not move it to the games forum. But that'll require two things: 1) you must be very persuasive, like you're trying to get Houghton Mifflin Harcourt to publish your trilogy... and 2) you need to demonstrate that this thread does not belong in the games forum.

As I said, I think this is a great game, but it seems to me that it will get more exposure and attract more players if it is open to all genres.

Might I also suggest that we limit idle chit-chat here much in the same way it's limited in the First Line thread--comments are allowed, but only with a contribution to the spirit of the game. To that end, please do your persuasions in PM to me, not as comments in this thread. :)

My contribution:
Merlin sits on a street corner, holding a cardboard sign that reads: Former AMC executive out of work, need cash. Please help. Upon further inquiry, it's determined that the wizard was to be the namesake of the one-time muscle car the AMC Marlin, but someone in the design department mispelled his name.

Next twist: Harry Dresden

Status
Not open for further replies.