Blog audience request please

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
As part of my nonfiction book proposal I need to get a really good idea of who the audience is that visits my blog and web site. When I put them up back in 05 I did it for fun. I did it becuase I was a true crime reader and I was interested in it. Then I began the book and the whole thing began. I wonder why other people visit the site and blog.

Would you guys mind taking a look at the Woman Condemned blog in my signature and telling me who you think is the audience of the blog? It would really help me out a lot. Thanks,
Kelly

thePenDragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceyboyce.com
I'll look at yours if you'll look at mine, Trixie. ;)

Edit: Trixie, on first glance I couldn't tell this was a writer's blog. It looked more like a women's rights promotion to me. There's not a lot of stuff on there about your novel/writing. I'm not sure I understand your question now. Are you asking who the audience of your book should be, or are you trying to market your blog only?

Last edited:

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
I will definetly look at yours! Yes, your right. Its not a "writers blog" although it is a writers blog. Its not about womens rights either. It is about the women on death row which is the subject of my nonfiction book. The people who are interested in my website and blog are the people who will buy my book. So what Im asking I guess is who is my blogs audience? Who do you think searches out that kind of information? I did it for fun, true crime type stuff but I know I get some letters from pro and anti death penalty supporters, also feminists and even some from men who are turned on by women in chains (no Im not kidding). So Im trying to get a good idea of who mainly reads it. I want to know who will be bying my book. Who is my audience?

BloodMoon

Registered
Reaction score
Trixie, I just looked at your blog and just from first glance I would say the people who are searching out info such as your blog would be family, and friends of women who are serving time. It's possible that you are also reaching people who just like to follow the stories of woman who are behind bars. You have such a wide range of people that would find your info interesting. Of course I am no expert so this is just the opinion of little ole me.
Jane

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much Jane. That is what I was looking for. I need to know who my audience is and I know I should know that but all I know is who I am and why I looked for the information. So your help is really appreciated.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Have you checked what urls or search terms they are coming from? Statcounter or Google Analytics could tell you that.

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
Hi Trixie --

Care for a guy's point of view?

I like your site and I find it interesting. If you can clean up a little of the language (misspelled words, lack of apostrophes, that kind of thing), you'll keep those audience members that get irritated by that kind of thing. I'm guilty of those errors, too -- after all, it's a blog not a resume -- but I go back and correct my mistakes when I can.

Your site should have a strong appeal to many, many people. Spreading the word about it will be your challenge.
-- Hal

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Veinglory- yes. I check my stats religiously. Most hits come from my website- womenofdeathrow.com. The rest come from people searching for various women who are on the row.

Hal- Im terrible- TERRIBLE with apostrophes. I constantly leave them out and know I souldnt. Thanks so much for your comments and yes, spreading the word has been a real problem. It has been up since 2005.