Why is there a Celine Dion section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tate

Registered
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I did the search under Celine Dion, Dion, and Celine and nothing came up so I thought I'd just go ahead and risk it....why is there a Celine Dion section?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Because the former board owner wrote a Celine bio, and a bunch of Celine fans corresponded with her about the book, so she opened a room for them.

When I took over, I kept it, because they're utterly delightful, kind, and gentle folks who make the world a better place and don't take up very much space. :)

Tate

Registered
Reaction score
ohh...well thanks for answering that for me. I remember coming here for the first time and being like....what's up with the random celine dion subforum and now I know

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I've always wondered about that, too! Thanks for asking, Tate.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was far more prosaic an answer than I had presumed it to be.

I'm actually a little disappointed with how straight-forward and unassuming that answer is.

:D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I often wonder about those. I have no idea how they got legs

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping this question would never be answered. It was like my own personal AW mystery. :p

Tate

Registered
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping this question would never be answered. It was like my own personal AW mystery. :p

well hey you could have just ignored this topic all together, but you know deep down inside you wanted to know the answer to this question, don't lie :p

I always thought it was just a gag too, like some place to just be silly. Was always like "out of all the celebs out there why name this thing after Celine Dion?"

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because the former board owner wrote a Celine bio, and a bunch of Celine fans corresponded with her about the book, so she opened a room for them.

When I took over, I kept it, because they're utterly delightful, kind, and gentle folks who make the world a better place and don't take up very much space. :)
Yeah, you weren't here the day after New Year's, were you? Quietest ones are usually the most dangerous. I'm still picking confetti out of the lobby's carpet! Among other places.

Last edited:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad it's there. I bring it up as an counter example every time someone makes the case that we shouldn't have a political forum because it's "not related to writing."

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad it's there. I bring it up as an counter example every time someone makes the case that we shouldn't have a political forum because it's "not related to writing."

People interacting with each other, taking stands, voicing opinions, figuring out how the world works and discussing power-grabbing strategies are "not related to writing"?

Dear gods--that kinda takes all the oomph out of fiction, doesn't it?

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked before but I did the search under Celine Dion, Dion, and Celine and nothing came up so I thought I'd just go ahead and risk it....why is there a Celine Dion section?

Who's Celine Dion?

Status
Not open for further replies.