Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Dang you beat me to it! No banana for me....

Well, I tweaked and tweaked, and called upon my trusty betas, tweaked some more, and got my chapter 1 of my Milk Carton Murders down to 3,000 words for the Debut Dagger. Me happy. :)

Did my synopsis for same, 2067 words. Unfortunately that's 1,067 words too long, but its a start and now I have something to work with.

Did some research for my article for our quarterly, Historical Wyoming. Doing boxers and wrestlers of our county who were popular (and one who was semi-famous) in the 30s and 40s.

Made more Christmas cookies, and also cream puffs--ate same, but not too many. :D

:partyguy: Happy New Year to you all ! :PartySmil
No nanner, but look at all that output! Editing, writing, research...looks like a well done to me!
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

And here's your New Year's smiley for checking in this weekend.
:partyguy:

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I went to write a blog post on bucket lists and such-like, and ended up writing a 2546 word essay that I have no idea what to do with.

I'm not sure whether I should let it marinate, edit it and send it out somewhere, or whether I should break it up into bite-sized chunks and publish it on my blog.

If anyone would like to read it and give an opinion, drop me a message and I'll send it to you via PM or email.

Other than that monster, which has taken me the last three hours to produce, I've done a bit of work on planning out my novels, and thinking about the year to come. Specifically, I'm going to seriously invest in my novelling addiction by actively doing the Club 100 thing.

My rules will be:

Monday through Friday are writing days--100 words or more of new fiction on one or more of my WIPs is the expectation. Saturday and Sunday are planning days for the week to come, with the expectation that I'll produce at least one blog post.

Which is what I was trying to do when that essay erupted out of my pen...

Gahh!

Happy New Year to all!
Words, a new essay to potentially sell, and a resolution to do Club 100 sounds like a good week to me! Club 100's the way to go, IMHO ;)!

And here's your New Year's smiley for reporting this weekend.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Ohh, looky looky, the Progress Princess has not 1 not 2 but 3 books at the top of the home page. Way to go Progress Princess
woot.gif
Awwww, thanks, Reg! Don't they look all purty up there together? :D

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Yeah, I saw those three books across the top. To my credit and yours I have read the first one all the way through. This is rare because I haven't made the time to read a whole book in ages. *suckup alert* Loved it, and for some reason hubby would like me to read the elevator scenes again.

Sick over Christmas, but I'm almost revived. I'd still rather eat mashed potatoes than chocolate, which is kind of a bummer, but gives me a nice goal that involves excessive amounts of sugar for the new year.

2215 words including two new blog posts, one of which is my husband's New Year's resolutions and, yes, Penelope Cruz is involved. Also started blog post for Ermas blog and an entry for an anthology. Dusted off the novel and am dabbling in individual scenes with joy and frivolity. Don't know where it will lead, but I'm having a great time.
That's some good sucking up there, Bajaffe Girl. Bummer about your being sick, but great word count for all that, nice to see the blogging going on, and whoo hoo on the anthology, and it's nice to see the novel getting some love, too. Well done!

And here's your New Year's smiley for reporting in this weekend.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
My turn. Checking in as of Sunday.

This week I:

1. Continued Club 100 -- today is Day 1,301 (yes, really...over 1,300 days straight of doing something meaningful in my career, like writing, every day...every, single day)
2. Did a lot of promotion on Twitter
3. Did a lot of promotion on Facebook
4. Did 3 Hook Me Up! emails
5. Did 3 blogs
6. Did a variety of blog support
7. Had a lot of fan interaction (still not getting old) including getting some lovely fan emails
8. Set up several interviews, including my first ever author live chat (coming Jan. 24 & 25 in honor of my bday)
9. Tested said chat to identify all the bugs
10. Worked on joint author interview with Josh Palmatier
11. Hand sold books
12. Telephone and email with my agent
13. Did a variety of other promotion
14. Worked on Steel Angel, 11,455 words -- 400 words written
15. Worked on Alien Diplomacy, 6,155 words -- 1,010 words written

That's it for me. Hope everyone's New Year's Eve & New Year's Day were fab, and that everyone's ready to hit the ground running to make 2011 a great writing year!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's our finally tally of 2010. Haggis and I tied for the Chapeau but I won more nanners :D

Okay, so I'm now going to be keeping track of the heated ongoing Chapeau of Shame contest between Haggis, wyntermoon and myself here since I am now shamelessly promoting my e-picture book in my sig line

regdog

6:e2paperba :Jump :Headbang: 10:e2cheer::Sun::e2bummed: 5:e2writer: 3 :e2woo: 21:e2brows: 9:banana:
2:Trophy: :e2hammer::fistpump

Haggis

6:e2paperba :hooray: 2:e2cheer: :Headbang: :e2chain: :e2heartbe :e2hammer: 2:e2tomato: :scared: 3:banana: :e2faint:2 :e2writer: :e2woo:2 :e2brows:
woot.gif
:snoopy::fistpump

wyntermoon

:Trophy: 5:e2photo: :hooray: :Headbang: 2 :e2woo: :e2cheer: :Sun: :e2paperba :kiss: :e2brows:

Last edited:

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
I can't believe its Tuesday already. I meant to come yesterday. I'd say I meant to come on Sunday but with birthday recovery and all we'd all know I was lying.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a great one.

Last week I:

1.) continued club 100
2.) did website design
3.) wrote about 1000 words
4.) sent in a submission: "The New Year's Refusal" and it was accepted. Hooray! :)

Have a great week (well what's left of it) and catch you this weekend. Maybe I'll actually be on time. :wag:

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I can't believe its Tuesday already. I meant to come yesterday. I'd say I meant to come on Sunday but with birthday recovery and all we'd all know I was lying.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a great one.

Last week I:
1.) continued club 100
2.) did website design
3.) wrote about 1000 words
4.) sent in a submission: "The New Year's Refusal" and it was accepted. Hooray! :)

Have a great week (well what's left of it) and catch you this weekend. Maybe I'll actually be on time. :wag:
Well, I guess we'll let you be late on your birthday weekend. Good job on the Club 100, great on the web design, awesome to see the words, and whoo hoo on the submission AND the acceptance! Well done!

You've earned the last Chapeau of Shame for 2010, too!
:e2paperba

And, let's have a whoo hoo again for that acceptance!
:Trophy:

And here's your smiley for checking in this weekend, albeit late.

Our submission line's drawn at 1. We'll congratulate next post!

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
And now it's time for the last awards for 2010!

Winning the word count challenge with 11,400 is Triceretops! Way to do it all year long, Big Guy!
:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Winning the submissions challenge with 1 is LostGirl. Way to cross the finish line!
:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

Winning the Whoo Hoo Award this week are:
Tri - for Planet Janitor's arrival!
:e2woo::e2woo::e2woo:
LostGirl - for a fast acceptance on her submission!
:e2woo::e2woo::e2woo:

Winning the editing award this week is HistorySleuth (okay, she didn't list the number of words, but she edited and the award is feeling ignored).
:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

Winning the Show Me The MONEY award is SherryTex! We do love it when we get paid!
:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

Winning the Suck Up Award this week are:
Yeshanu - for serious effort
:e2brows::e2brows::e2brows:
Regdog - for consistency and pointed posts
AmyDoodle - for shameless flattery
Honorable Mention Suck Ups:
bettielee - reppies make your Leader happy
:e2brows:
smsarber - for really getting this award rolling
:e2brows:

Reminder that Haggie-Poo finally won a Nanner! Way to exit the year in style, pupface!
:banana::banana::banana:

Last, but in no way least, our Impending Happy Event winner is SherryTex - can't wait for little Anna Maria Hope to join us, Wonder Woman!
:e2arms::e2arms::e2arms:

This concludes the 2010 Voyage of the Good Ship Progress Report. But fear not! The 2011 Voyage begins this weekend, in its own, new, shiny thread. Who will win next year's awards on the Good Ship Progress Report? Will it be...YOU? :e2steer:

Status
Not open for further replies.