Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
The original location went offline. I've written the author for permission to host, with attribution, but she hasn't responded -- I do have a copy of the whole thing as a pdf, if you have any trouble with the download.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I figured out how to get to the other parts. Thanks!

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
The original location went offline. I've written the author for permission to host, with attribution, but she hasn't responded -- I do have a copy of the whole thing as a pdf, if you have any trouble with the download.

I was able to find it, but having the file would be even better.

Thanks for all the fabulous links.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Very useful information and thank you.

This heterosexual dope (i.e. moi) is grateful for the articles and links listed.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Queer 101, a nice comic about sex, gender, and sexuality!

I love the explanations of gender and gender identity. And I totally agree, these articles are very helpful for folk like me. I know I've said stupid things before without meaning to, and it's nice to have resources like this.

dill16

Currently Making Lists
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dillwerner.blogspot.com
I shared this on facebook and the first response was "Just treat gay people like you would anyone else, a GUIDE isn't necessary."

head, meet desk.

It also depends on the person. I'm an ALLY and a member of SBNN. My gay friends (just like my straight ones) are a rainbow of characters- pun intended. What one person might find offensive, another person might find hilarious.

After reading an excerpt from my MS, my dearest lesbian friend told me, "I'm going to need you to queen this guy up a bit. The potential is there. In his youth, he was in some shorty shorts. Was he not?"

I legitimately looked at her and thought Did she really just tell me to queen my gay male character up? Should I be offended? Then it hit me. Yeah, he was.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
The Trans Language Primer
Gender is extremely personal, and trying to express our understanding of gender is personal and complicated. These words help us express those things in ways that each other can understand. Our hope that this primer will help smooth that process.