A room of our own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHA! We have constructed our secret headquarters. G.I. Joe will never stop our plans for world domination.

Can I be the hot but insane genetic engineer who makes wacky monsters every week? If not, I'll pilot the giant rainbow-colored mecha.

Seriously though, thanks MacAllister. You're awesome.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh. Another supporter here. I do have a question though QLTBAG?

I looked it up and they're trying to sell me purses. I have a dozen good jokes for that, but I read the sticky :D

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Wayne, I'm working on the humble start of an FAQ - but for now:
QLTBAG=Queer, Lesbian, Transgendered/Transsexual, Bisexual, Asexual, Allied, Gay (With no hierarchy implied by the order - it just arranges into a convenient acronym)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Oh cool. I'm asexual and bisexual, so I'm home.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... reminds me of the old skit in movies where two or three partners in a new business are deciding whose name to put first. I think Ralph and Ed did something of the sort. Kramdon and Norton's vs Norton and Kramdon's when planning to open a restaurant by a highway entrance that never got built :-D

So yes, QLTBAG is fine. And no need to change it to GABTLQ or any other such combination, unless this thread gets broadcast to a live audience. Hmm, in a way it is. Okay then, my own preference is for TQLAGB! Nay, not a preference -- a demand!!!

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
A lot of the online places you might find it tend to be locked down, private boards, forums, list-serves, and so on, Wayne. You'll have better luck in your Google search if you include "Queer" "Queer politics" or so on, to refine the search.

barbilarry

I just wanna write
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So this is where all the really cool people are hidin' out!

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
The whole idea, Zoombie, is that people CAN talk about writing here, as it relates to quiltbag topics, characters, themes, books, or authors -- but without the same-old same-old derails that you can count on happening in pretty much any even peripherally- related queer-themed thread elsewhere on AW in the last five years.

Because if those same tired self-appointed anti-queer-patrol thread-squelchers show up in here, I'm simply going to boot them. No questions. No discussion.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Cool. That means I have somewhere to hang out without losing my temper. As an ally and family member who edits a lot of gay fiction, I'm looking forward to an arena for young writers to explore more than just their Strunk and White.

What a great Christmas present for the board, Mac. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.