It's the day everything closes

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
It's Dec 25th. It's a day off work, the stores and most restaurants are closed, there's nothing on TV and there's nothing to do. So what do you do?

We were going to the movies, but the weather might not been so good for travel. It's home with the movie DVDs and dim sum for dinner. We're also clearing the sidewalks of snow and ice.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
It's Dec 25th. It's a day off work, the stores and most restaurants are closed, there's nothing on TV and there's nothing to do. So what do you do?

We were going to the movies, but the weather might not been so good for travel. It's home with the movie DVDs and dim sum for dinner. We're also clearing the sidewalks of snow and ice.
I have puzzles I save for today. It makes people sit down and talk :)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
My shul always has a learning program on the 25th. I didn't go, but it was very well attended. Probably 60 or so people. We have 5 or 6 rabbis giving classes on different aspects of halacha.

I just hung out with my girlfriend and got ready for Shabbos since it was Erev Shabbos this year.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Jewish Community Center and the Islamic Center in my town both have many programs, from educational to fun to religious, on Christmas. Generally they schedule something family-oriented outdoors, ready to call off it based on bad weather as necessary. Often it's some sort of nature walk along the Erie Canal, since both facilities have it at one edge of their properties.

Maryn, approving

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, my shul doesn't cancel anything for anything. Two feet of snow? There were more people at the early minyan (7:30) that Saturday morning than I had seen all year.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score

Funny, my family and I usually do movies and Chinese food, too! Lol

poeticjustice_2001

Registered
Reaction score
traditional chow-mein?

Well someone has to keep the Chinese restaurants in business... its pure altruism !