• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Patricia Moosbrugger Literary Agency

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
A quick Google gives us a Bantam hardcover in summer '06 (One Last Breath by Stephen Booth). Penguin in 2005 (The Egyptian Coffin by Jane Jakeman).

Patricia Moosbrugger is an independent literary agent who relocated to Albuquerque two years ago after eighteen years in the New York publishing world. She represents both fiction and narrative nonfiction authors with several national bestsellers. Upcoming nonfiction titles on her list include Sultana (Harper), a civil war story and Brave Vessel (Viking), the true story behind the shipwreck that inspired Shakespeare's The Tempest. Upcoming fiction titles include The Girl From Junchow (Berkley) by bestselling author Kate Furnivali, The Glass Blower (St. Martin's), a historical novel set in Venice, and A Rule for Murder (Minotaur) by award-winning mystery writer, Louise Penny.

From PW deals 11/02/09:
Louise Penny has signed a new three-book deal, for North American rights, with her current publisher, Minotaur. A rep at St. Martin's called the agreement a “major” one, with Minotaur publishing in partnership with Canadian house H.B. Fenn. Penny, a Times bestseller, saw a heavy push for her September 2009 title, The Brutal Telling, with Minotaur doing an announced 100,000-copy first printing; that book became a Barnes & Noble Recommends Main Selection. Agent Patricia Moosbrugger negotiated the deal with SMP executive editor Hope Dellon.

Other info at AuthorAdvance.

abdasgupta1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
indiatoday.digitaltoday.in
Tks, Shadow. I got all that too. And she accepts email queries, by the way, though one of those sites says she does not. I want more on her sales etc etc. Anybody there who has worked with her, pl?

abdasgupta1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
The simplest answer being that she took my email query and has since been replying to each and every one of my mails. But I am in India, so that could be one reason.

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
I heard her speak at a SouthWest Writers program here in Albuquerque (where she's located). This was about a year ago, I'd guess. She was very professional, spoke about working her contacts in NYC from the Southwest, and struck me as capable, intelligent, and pleasant. I seem to recall her giving out her email address for queries, but that could have been a limited invitation to those attending the program. I didn't take particular note of how to query her since she doesn't represent my genres.

Doubt that helps much, but there you go anyway. Best of luck.

kap

Creole Lady

Registered
Reaction score
It's a year since the last post on Ms. Moosebrugger. Her website is still under construction. Hmmmmmm seems a bit fishy to me. What is the status on your contact with her, abdasgupta1?

abdasgupta1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ok, I signed up with Patty who was very enthusiastic and made me rewrite large chunks over 3 months. Then suddenly, I got a mail in June saying she was dropping the project. Period. Nothing else; except that she was very sorry and that she was having personal problems.
That's all I know.
My agent now is Al Longden.
You could read this "Blind submission" http://is.gd/eRKWb to get an idea of how I landed Patty. She seemed bigtime at that point in time.
Thanks
Abhijit

mrscolumbo

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a rejection from her after querying way back in October.