So, um....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to read Chronicles of Narnia for the first time.

I don't know why it's taken me 20 years.

But yeah.

Got it in leatherbound, too.

Reaction score
Woo! I envy anyone who reads this for the first time.

I assume you're reading in publication order? Yeah, I'm a purist. Do it the CS Lewis way!

Delhomeboy

Stalking Jennifer Aniston!
Registered
Reaction score
Woo! I envy anyone who reads this for the first time.

I assume you're reading in publication order? Yeah, I'm a purist. Do it the CS Lewis way!

OR...you can do it the RIGHT way, and read the Magician's Nephew first.

Chronology FTW! :D

Last edited:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I own a box set of the Narnia books, but I've only read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (before I received the box set). The books in this set are not in publication order. For example, The Magician's Nephew is labeled Book 1, but it was actually published five years after The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

I really need to read all of them sometime.

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
Let us know how it goes. They were an important part of the reason I became a bookworm at a very early age. Approaching them for the first time as an adult would be a very different experience, I would imagine.

One of my adult sons proudly showed off his omnibus version, complete with full-colour illustrations, to me just the other day. Even managed to distract me from his new son briefly... LOL.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Cool! Enjoy them. I read them aloud to my kids the first time I ever read them. After I read a bit to them, I'd take the books away with me and read them myself to the end. I also did this with the Potter series.

Madison

summertime...
Registered
Reaction score
LOVE!

I have the best memories of these books -- my parents read them aloud to my sister and I over and over again. And I read them myself still when I come home for the summer.

Happy reading!

(PS: if you haven't already seen the movies, definitely read the books first! The movies are good, but the books are better. As usual.)

Status
Not open for further replies.