• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Friedrich Agency (Molly Friedrich)

Ayles

Still Learning the Ropes.
Registered
Reaction score
EQ: 3/26/13 (Lucy Carson)
Request Full: 5/2/13
R: 5/15

Quick reply on full, which I greatly appreciated. Very professional, rejection was as nice as one could be. :)

One note: I had queried Molly Friedrich several months earlier with a swift rejection. Thought I'd take a chance and ended up getting a full request from Lucy.

perezerin

Registered
Reaction score
Since I am new to the world of Queries, I have noticed that certain agencies prefer just a Query Letter while others request a synopsis. For those of you who have submitted to The Friedrich Agency, did you JUST do the one page Query? I am considering a submission. TIA

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I just did the query, as I believe that's what she (i.e., Lucy Carson/) asks for. Sometimes I send the first five pages -- assuming they don't specifically say not to.

However, I never send the synopsis unless they ask. Mostly that's because I hate synopses. Also, your query should have a one-to-two paragraph summary of the book, so a synopsis isn't generally necessary until the agent likes your writing and wants to see if the overall plot is there (in my experience).

Ayles

Still Learning the Ropes.
Registered
Reaction score
Perezerin, I just checked and I only sent a query letter to both Molly Friederich and Lucy Carson. I only send what they ask for, though I've seen where it's not uncommon for people to send sample pages if it's an equery, even if it's not asked for with the original query letter.

I'm with Thedrellum, I hate the synopsis! I also don't send it unless asked. Hope that helps.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Any 2014 interactions with this agency? Just sent off my query (FR) to them and am wondering about approximate response times. :)

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
EQ May 3rd
Form ER June 6th

Polite and I felt that, for a form, it does a lovely job of apologising for subjectivity of the query process.

I regret that I am unable to answer your query with a personal note-please know that I read each and every letter in my inbox. At this time, I am only responding personally to projects which I intend to pursue. I'm afraid that in this instance, I did not have the enthusiasm necessary to request pages. I apologize for the frustratingly subjective nature of this business, and I do wish you all the best of luck finding the right agent for your work.

Madeleines

Je ne regrette rein
Registered
Reaction score
Ha, yes, I recently got the same letter. I believe it has the highest word count of any rejection that I've yet received--and that includes rejects on fulls! I have to admit, that "Well, it's finally happened" in the first line made my heart jump a bit at first. Oh, not THAT "it". Dang.

EQ: 5/20
ER: 6/3

Last edited:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Sent a query to Lucy Carson on November 17th, received a quick rejection today. However, it seemed personal, as she went into the premise and how a fun read is different from a book she has to sell, etc. She followed up with an addendum, apologizing for mentioning I was a debut writer, when I am apparently not.

Well, it didn't sting as much as the other one I received not five minutes before this one!

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Old thread is old, but in case it helps anyone...

Queried Lucy Carson with an MG fantasy 5/16/2022.
She replied today, telling me that she no longer handles kidlit. I'm not sure anyone at the agency does.