AND THE WINNER IS...

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Sarah Kirkham Chauncey!
(better known 'round these parts as Firehorse)

Congrats, Sarah! You're a wonderful writer and you have quite a fan base here. We're expecting great things from you...

Of course, we're also expecting great things from William Haskins, our runner-up, who has brilliant style and a strong following here, too.

I've bumped the prize thread to remind us of what Sarah's won. There were 120 votes cast in the final round.

You both gave it your all every week and dazzled us. Congratulations!

:TheWave:

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Sarah!

And congratulations to William for providing us all with so many great stories and poems duing the contest! You are both winners.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Holy sh*t

Wow! I totally didn't expect this. I'm stunned (and very, very happy).

Haskins is such an amazing writer - and there have been lots of amazing writers in this contest - it would've been an honor to come in second to him or - as he and I discussed - to have a tie.

Now I *must* sleep, because I have a major interview in eight hours... and this has boosted my confidence at the exact moment I really need it.

Thanks, Jenna - and everyone who voted (for me or otherwise - turnout is the important thing). What a huge list of prizes!

I'll be incommunicado most of Wednesday - at this 4-hour interview and then flying home.

Anyway, I don't want the orchestra to start playing, but I just wanted to say thanks!

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Sarah. I hope you go far!

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
congratulations, sarah. i hope this leads to great things for you.

and thanks to everyone who participated - contestants, readers/voters and the mods and volunteers.

it was fun.

Patricia

California Dreaming
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm not saying who I voted for, of course -- but I want to say it was a real hard decision on that last vote. You are both terrific writers, and personally I would have been happy with a tie also.

Good luck to both of you. I know you'll go far.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to the two winners – and both of you are winners.

Last edited:

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
congrats both to Sarah and Hawkins....you both were fantastic and I imagine the vote was pretty close.

This will look great on your resume Sarah and I wish you all the luck in the future. You should be extremely proud because from the beginning it was a tough competition.:Clap:

sharon

Registered
Reaction score
:Clap: :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:Congratulations to both Sarah and William! You are both incredible writers with brilliant futures ahead of you. It was so much fun reading your entries, as well as the other contestants, throughout the contest. This was a fantastic contest from beginning to end. Thanks Jenna!!! Amazing talent here!
:banana: I can't wait for the next contest!:banana:

GailKavanagh

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.valeofavondale.com
Congrats, Sarah - cheers from Down Under!!!

This last vote was the hardest call yet - not saying who I voted for but both finalists thoroughly deserved to win.

When are we holding the next one?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Voting was very tricky as both finalists were brilliant. It has been a lot of fun reading.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Congrats, Sarah!!!!

And congrats, William!!!!!

You are both amazing writers, and I have true admiration for both of you. And what Birol said... now the real work begins.

Rock on!

I'm very proud of you both.

And Congrats, Jenna!!!!! You've run a truly amazing contest, and I hope you continue with it. (and I hope I win next time... Bwhahahahahah! ... nah)

And thanks for everyone who participated and helped out... Sara, Rich, Three for being the judges, Melina for counting the votes, and for all the cheerers and fans and naysayers alike. And thanks for the 120 or so faithful voters who stayed with this every week.

AW rocks.

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Sarah.

And congrats to both for being terrific writers. Thanks for entertaining us.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Congratulations

To you both. Thanks for giving us something to look forward to in each of the last....well, however many weeks that was.

All the best to all the winners of the contest. Write on.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to Sarah! I knew you would do well right from the beginning.

Also Congratulations to William for writing such great stuff. Remember that you have a lot of fans here.

Keep in mind that this round of voting was particularly difficult since you both wrote such wonderful stories.

We're very proud of both of you!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to both of you. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us each week. We expect HUGE things from you two.

ETA: Oh yeah! Jenna! Thanks so much for all of your time and hard work that went into arranging this contest. It was so much fun to see the contest come full circle, from auditions to finale. Thanks :)

Last edited:

bkrrh85

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Sarah

Congratulations to Sarah, winner extraordinaire! Congrats as well to William Haskins whose work was incredible throughout the contest.

Sarah, I absolutely (I know, "ly") LOVED the Princess & Thera(pea) story. Do you mind if I print it off and share it with my family? I told them about it and they want to read it. It was a hoot.

Thanks

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Sarah!!!!

And congrats, William!!!!!

You are both amazing writers, and I have true admiration for both of you. And what Birol said... now the real work begins.

Rock on!

I'm very proud of you both.

And Congrats, Jenna!!!!! You've run a truly amazing contest, and I hope you continue with it. (and I hope I win next time... Bwhahahahahah! ... nah)

And thanks for everyone who participated and helped out... Sara, Rich, Three for being the judges, Melina for counting the votes, and for all the cheerers and fans and naysayers alike. And thanks for the 120 or so faithful voters who stayed with this every week.

AW rocks.

I echo all that, Ray. (Especially the part about me winning next time!)

Way to go Sarah! You're awesome!

William, I love your writing. When are we going to see a novel I can devour?

edfrzr

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Sarah, and to Willie as well. Both of you are extremely talented and I wish the best and many great things to come. What I read when I had the time was incredible (from both of you).

Good luck. May your ideas be many and your pens always be full of ink.