AND THE WINNER IS...

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Sarah!
emoteClap.gif

Wow, what a finish! William, you were brilliant throughout. And the finalists were as good a group of writers as I think you'll find anywhere.

Jenna, this has been great. We endured glitches that would have had Ryan Seacrest at a loss for words, and came out of it smilin' all the way. Thank goodness the new Harry Potter book just came out, otherwise I would have nothing to read this weekend!

Simran

WOW Congrats to both Sarah and William. You are both amazing writers. As was said, I'm sure it was a very close race to the finish. :Clap: All the best to you.

Jenna, when is the next competition starting?

AprilBoo

Good to be back
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Both of you submitted stellar work.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to you Sarah! And congrats to William! I have enjoyed every minute of it... Incredible work produced with a ticking clock in the background. Thanks to you Jenna for running a classy contest! And thanks to Melina for counting the votes! Absolutely amazing work from everybody! I'm going to miss all of it.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Roses R red
Violets R blue.
Many congrats! Sarah!!!
Very good for you!

William, congrats too. We know we'll hear great things from the both of you. Yep, and a very special thanks to Jenna and all who were involved in the great contest.

Elincoln

Official Daydreamer of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lincolnfj.com
Congrats Shara!

WAY TO GO!!!!

That was amazing. I hope to continue reading your wonderful work in the future.

Williams, you did such a cool job and you deserve a big round of applause for entertaining us week after week.

Congrats to you both!

LieselGarmach

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted a tie

Throughout the entire competition, I wanted there to be a tie, and I suspected early on who one of the finalists would be. Felt good to be right, but continued to vote for the writing each week vs the writer.

Congrats, Sarah. You've done well and have earned this.

William, thank you. In reading your entries each week I've learned something new stylistically. Well done.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from all of the finalists in the future!

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Sarah!

It was a tough competition, for the writers, as well as the judges and readers. There were weeks when I didn't want to choose only one winner. Both Sarah and William have a talent that is entertaining, soul-satisfying and awe-inspiring. There were many writers in this competition who will go far. I was glad to witness the whole event. It's great to see so many writers following their dreams. I consider myself blessed to have finally joined your ranks and began on the same path.

kim

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Sarah!

Thanks to all the contestants for taking the competition seriously enough to make it into a serious competition...and a seriously good read for all the voters.

I doubt you've only shown the world what you can do, but most likely also shown yourselves what you are truly capable of. All I can say is none of you should let this be the end of the path you've embarked on.

Really this is where someone ought to be bringing on a huge bouquet of flowers for the organisers... are virtual flowers virtually the same?

SueB

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writeinmaine.com
Congratulations to Sarah!
Congratulations to William![/B]
I too picked the two of you as the finalists, right from the beginning!
I'm sure this contest has helped get your juices flowing--now just don't take a vacation from writing. Godspeed on your journey and may it take you to a truly enchanted land.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
9.gif

Way to go, both of you! I enjoyed reading both of your entries every week. This last round was a really hard decision.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to the both of you for writing some magnificent stuff.

NancyMehl

She Who Resonates...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancymehlbooks.com
To be honest, I almost didn't vote at all. Both entries were so good, I wavered back and forth several times. At one point, I gave up. But Jenna's threats frightened me, so I finally voted! LOL!

I was too busy to enter the contest, but after reading the entries, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go up against the talent displayed here.

Top notch! I'm very impressed.

Nancy

AmyBA

I'm a believer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amyba.com
Congrats Sarah!

You both are such great writers, I had to come back and read the final entries more than once... you really made it tough to choose! I look forward to reading more work from both of you in the future and wish you both the best of luck!

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

:Hug2: :heart: :Hug2: :heart: :Hug2: :heart: :Hug2: :heart:

Thanks for all the kind words! I have not disappeared off the face of the planet - or even from AW - but am just *swamped* with work. Such is the freelance life - when it rains, it pours. So THANK YOU again, and congratulations to all the finalists. I can't wait to read everyone's books!

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dag - I missed this, too. Last week was stressful to the max (even though I did manage to post a couple of times...on other threads, lol).

It was a toss up for me, too, but I did vote in the final - so congrats to both Sarah and William! Way to go! :Jump:
~Nancy