Writing...in your head

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Is there anyone here who has started writing their NaNo already? Not on paper of course, because that would be breaking the rules, but is there anyone who has started putting together sentences and paragraphs in their head? Are you worried about forgetting them when November 1st finally comes around?

I already know what my very first line will be, and I have a good idea about the sentences that follow. It's exciting yet frustrating at the same time.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Still too busy finishing up the current WIP so I can free myself up for NaNo. Hmm, I'm seeing a trend. Last year I finished draft a week before NaNo and nearly wiped myself out. Hopefully this year I'll have more of a break.

But it's great having the perfect first line. I did that a couple of years ago and was all fired up to write the scene down when Nov. 1 rolled around.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I have some lines and a scene or two, but nothing substantial, unfortunately

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Nah, no writing thoughts yet. Still figuring out motivations, sub-plots and character traits. I also only have vague scene ideas. Must get this plotting into gear... grrr...

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I get flashes of brilliant, lyrical sentences, usually at 3 a.m. I just hope to remember them come November. I'm trying not to focus too specific yet, since I'm working on the plot, then sub-plots, then characters .... Yikes, time's flying!

Reaction score
I'm forbidding myself from writing a word but I have some scenes in my head.

Oh, I tell a lie. I wrote a few snippets of conversation between the two male MCs the other day and showed them to tt42.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'm forbidding myself from writing a word but I have some scenes in my head.

Oh, I tell a lie. I wrote a few snippets of conversation between the two male MCs the other day and showed them to tt42.

'Tis okay, I won't tell.

*secretly blogs about it so EVERYONE will know...*

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
*refuses to send chapters to tt42 from now on*

Ooooh, I don't think you want to do that, not when chapter 16 is neeeaaarly there.

RERAIL...

I haven't even settled on my NaNo project yet, but I'm sure once I do, it'll bug me night and day until Nov 1. Gotta finish this current book first though...

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
Certainly rarin' to go. Wanna start writin' the hell outta this thing NOW :)

But I hain't gonna because that'd be cheating (me) and I don't do that.

So, I'm outlining, researching, going on locations, thinking, plotting, conspiring, sub-plotting, charactering and reading friggin' POETRY! Stuff that is apropos to the thing I'll be a doin'.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
No words. I'm trying to think through scenes, because that's generally where I stumble over holes I need to fill in, but it's not really verbalizing in my head yet.

Tara Stone

Registered
Reaction score
Not yet, but I usually know the first few lines of the story a couple of days before November 1st.

I do hear random snatches of dialogue in my head, but that's part of how I plan my stories; other people see clips of scenes, I hear them.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of scenes, lots of worldbuilding. I've got ML stuff to keep me occupied though :D

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I've planned, but not wrote any of the story itself. I doubt I'll make it to Nov 1st before throwing something down though. ;)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I've been plotting and have some scenes played out, but no actual writing as yet. I only just sorted out my MC this morning though...

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a couple of dozen different (and completely incompatible) ideas, none of which may make it to the first of November. It will be an interesting experiment to start writing something fresh, without any idea of where I am going or what I am doing...

Not that having absolutely no idea what I am doing will be so unusual. :)

cherubsmummy

Experienced Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I am working on detailed character outlines, and have a couple of scenes in my head. I am finding this so exciting, as I have spent the whole of this year researching and attempting to write my first novel. It's historical, and I am starting to realise that, though the idea is a great one, I am probably not yet equal to the task.

Then along come these two characters, and they are exciting and interesting, and I am itching to start writing right now. I feel so liberated after the struggle of the past months. Bring on Nano!

*leaps up, cheers, blushes and slinks back to her corner*

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now I feel like I just met two people at a party, and we're all making small talk.

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I have a few scenes and a strange line that I can't shake. It doesn't really fit the story, but I am going to stab it in to place somehow...