Not open for further replies.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Does anyone know how I would be able to find out if any particular book made the NY Times Bestseller List?

I'm not having much luck with Google, or the NYT website, but feel like maybe I'm missing something obvious.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have to go find it, but there is a list online. And an extended list by type of book.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
You can search book reviews through 1981, but it only shows reviews of the books (along with any other article that title has appeared in) not whether it made the list or not.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
If you can get your hands on a copy of the book, sometimes it will say so either on the back/front cover or in some of the reviews.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, I know. But it's multiple books for some research I'm doing.

I can Google around and find author websites - they never fail to mention a NYT nod - but it ends up being a lot of work for one small bit of info.

I'm really surprised there's not searchable database.

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I would be able to find out if any particular book made the NY Times Bestseller List?

I'm not having much luck with Google, or the NYT website, but feel like maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Honestly, this is really a good thing to ask a Reference Librarian. And one at a school/university which teaches (modern) literature courses.

I will eat my hat if a RL isn't able to obtain or readily lay her/his hands on the source you want....

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. But it's multiple books for some research I'm doing.

I can Google around and find author websites - they never fail to mention a NYT nod - but it ends up being a lot of work for one small bit of info.

I'm really surprised there's not searchable database.

Go to google and put "site:http://www.hawes.com" and the title of the book. If it's there in the pdf, google should find it.

Crinklish

Registered
Reaction score
If you have access to Publishers Marketplace, you can search by ISBN and it'll tell you if the book hit any lists, including NYT, LA Times, USA Today and Washington Post.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
If you have access to Publishers Marketplace, you can search by ISBN and it'll tell you if the book hit any lists, including NYT, LA Times, USA Today and Washington Post.
Ahhhh! I do have that. I shall check that out immediately. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.