Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hi folks.

Yep, we were down for more than 24 hours. Truth is I'm not sure if we're stable yet, but I'm going to have to go do some scary database stuff, so wish me luck! I also have to remove old threads. :(

Kind of funny, though, to watch my inbox. Here's an approximation of what it looked like:

Jenna, is the forum down or it it just me?

(2 hours later)

I'm worried... has someone hacked into the forums?

(2 hours later)

Um, have I been banned? I don't think I would have been, but I can't get in and thought I'd check.

(2 hours later)

Look, I know I used a swear word in my last post, but it wasn't even one of the really dirty ones. Did you have to ban me for it? This isn't fair!

(2 hours later, it has progressed to actual frantic phone calls)

Did someone on the Bewares Board attack your server?

(2 hours later)

Uh, what about the Idol contest?

Never fear, folks. We just blew the server's mind because we're so darn huge and popular. ;) I'm going to work on some housekeeping and see if we can get stable... if we go down again, it's probably my fault.

EPK

Registered
Reaction score
I checked the board like once an hour to see if it was back up ... was worried that the database had been corrupted.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I'm so glad AW is back...I was starting to get the shakes...I was seeing pink punctuation marks on the walls!

Major Hugs for Jenna, I hope the db repairs go well.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with cleaning house, Jenna. And thanks!

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Thanks Jenna we all appreciate all the hard work that you normally do and the major and frustrating hours I'm sure you had to spend trying to get us up and going again. You're our hero!!!

Lucky Penny

Been gone WAY too long!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad AW wasn't hacked!!! I came here & was afraid I'd jinxed the board by mentioning my other board blowing up & not being able to get all of our members back!!

Wheeeewwww! Deep sigh of relief!

And good luck with getting AW stable again. :D

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Blahahaha! Yes, I was just testing you. The only people allowed back on the boards were the ones who pressed "refresh" at least 25 times...

:Thumbs:

P.S. (Whispers) Not to jinx anything, but I think we're stable! I optimized tables, repaired stuff, deleted stuff, and Amy kept bumping stuff even when people thought she'd gone mad... cross your fingers, everyone!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I was convinced that I was banned for letting my nephew sign up here. I thought he might have sworn on one of the threads, so I called him long distance and cussed him out, then hung up. I went to another writer group, joined up, and felt sorry for myself.

Then I found out what REALLY happened. Now my nephew won't talk to me.

Doh!

Tri

P.S. If I could just put that imagination into my work, I'd really get somewhere.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I was so lost without AW that I read all my spam. I will be travelling to Nigeria next week to help a poor widow. I should be getting a lot of free gear soon too. And I'm quitting my current job to make a 6 figure income as a mystery shopper. Talk about a cloud having a silver lining!!

::wink::

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thanks, Jerry! It's not the forum program that's a problem (at least, I don't think so), it's the hosting company. Or the database. Which I don't understand. But maybe by tomorrow I'll know more.

I just ran lots of scary administrative stuff that was sort of like the movie scenes where someone's defusing a bomb and saying, "Which wire do I pull? The red or the green?" and at the last second, he decides for no solid reason to pull the red one, with his eyes closed and breathing heavy.

I pulled those red wires, and so far, only one post went wonky as far as I can tell, and we haven't been blipping on and off since I optimized the tables. Bomb-free!

Thanks to all my AW pals who jumped in to help today!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
The only people allowed back on the boards were the ones who pressed "refresh" at least 25 times...
I only pressed it 24 times, and I'm back! Bwahahahah!

I didn't send Jenna those emails. When I got the "access denied" message, like the very intelligent person I am, I went to the AW main site and read the message.

Then, like the very insecure person I am, I said, "Whew! She really hasn't banned me!"

Anyhow, glad we're back in business.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeshanu said:
I didn't send Jenna those emails. When I got the "access denied" message, like the very intelligent person I am, I went to the AW main site and read the message.

Then, like the very insecure person I am, I said, "Whew! She really hasn't banned me!"
Oh, good. I went through the same process. I only checked in, like, a dozen times before it occured to me check the main board. :Smack:

Glad to have you back, Jenna!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just glad Jenna didn't ask me which wire to cut. My eyebrows take far too long to grow back.

Good job, boss lady.

Charlotte M. Leslie

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Banned, who me?

I just assumed I had worn out my welcome. When I saw the big "forbidden"on the screen,I thought "oh no'!! I have been banned . lol .. Glad to know the problem has been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.