When is Disney's Beauty and the Beast set?

Stunted

Ich heiße Superphantastisch!
Registered
Reaction score
Blarg. I have such a stupid problem. When planning out my current WIP, I was just like, "It'll be in sort of a standard fairy tale city. Yeah!" but it's gotten to the point where I need to know what the clothes look like and how the city is laid out, etc.

What I decided is that my original, hazy conception was based on something I'd seen before, and I just had to figure out what that was. It's set in England before Interview with a Vampire time and before Pride and Prejudice. Now I'm thinking that it's set in Disney's Beauty and the Beast time.

So, can anyone tell me when that is? Or tell me when you think of fairy tales taking place? Or give me any advice? Thank you.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
I've always considered Beauty and the Beast as being set in early 19th century France. :)

Blarg. I have such a stupid problem. When planning out my current WIP, I was just like, "It'll be in sort of a standard fairy tale city. Yeah!" but it's gotten to the point where I need to know what the clothes look like and how the city is laid out, etc.

What I decided is that my original, hazy conception was based on something I'd seen before, and I just had to figure out what that was. It's set in England before Interview with a Vampire time and before Pride and Prejudice. Now I'm thinking that it's set in Disney's Beauty and the Beast time.

So, can anyone tell me when that is? Or tell me when you think of fairy tales taking place? Or give me any advice? Thank you.

Deleted member 42

I think it's likely late seventeenth or early eighteenth. There are some anachronistic details; in fact some of it seems very much inspired by the era of the original author.

VeggieChick

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking 18th century too. Maybe earlier, but not later.