• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Barry Goldblatt Literary

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Barry Goldblatt represents tons of big names. Libba Bray, Holly Black, Lauren Myracle, formerly Cassandra Clare, etc. However, because he's got such a large stable of established authors already, he's very picky. He barely requests anything and offers rep maybe once or twice a year, from what I've seen.

CatherineGreen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I'll put him on my 'query in retaliation for rejection' list as opposed to my 'hope and pray' list.

Emualde

Registered
Reaction score
Had a full with Joe Monti. Nudged after offer of pub & offer of rep but never heard a word.

Apologue

Pure heart, filthy mind
Registered
Reaction score
My query got lost the first time I sent it to BG. I ended up nudging on the query a few months later and got a very kind response (and a full request). If you didn't get rejected immediately it could be a good thing. :)

Heathertruett

Wordy Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.madamerubies.com
My query got lost the first time I sent it to BG. I ended up nudging on the query a few months later and got a very kind response (and a full request). If you didn't get rejected immediately it could be a good thing. :)

I hope so. I nudged after a month, b/c his site says 4 weeks. Nothing. I'll give it another month or so and and then try from another email address.

Scythian

Registered
Reaction score
Lightning fast rejection three days after query:D

Vivairi

Imposter Syndrome and Black Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bittybooknook.blogspot.com
Has anyone here had any experience with Jennifer Udden at this agency? Thinking about adding her to my query list, but QueryTracker isn't telling me much as far as personal experiences go.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone here had any experience with Jennifer Udden at this agency? Thinking about adding her to my query list, but QueryTracker isn't telling me much as far as personal experiences go.

Poking this with a stick. I'm going through my list, and I realize that I didn't get an autoresponse from Udden. Anyone have anything to share here?

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
Querytracker just put up a notice that Jennifer Udden is no longer listed with Barry Goldblatt. I see no mention of this on Twitter or her website.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
*headdesk* This is like the fourth agent I've queried who almost immediately leaves their agency (whatever agency, not just this one). It's giving me a complex.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
A couple other agents on my initial list were active when I started querying 14 months ago and have left agenting altogether since.

It changes how you see the whole process. When people say no agent is better than a bad agent, they're onto something.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Barry Goldblatt with an MG Fantasy: 5/16/22
Rejection: 6/7/22