All YA contests (book giveaways, agent crits, query, etc.)

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Since so many contests are popping up to win ARCs, I thought I would start a thread about them, and encourage people to post links if they run across any. If you do post a link, just make sure you include the deadline.

New Contest in post #9

Mod Note:
I am making this the official thread for all contests you want to announce about YA-related topics.

Mod Note #2: Submission contests can go to the non-AW contest forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
What is an ARC?

Sorry! I should have explained. It's an advance reader copy, or some people say advanced release copy. They are sent out a few months before the official release date to reviewers, etc. Authors usually get some as well, and can dole them out as they please.

Last edited:

wandergirl

~kirsten hubbard
Registered
Reaction score
Great idea, Melia.

Our contest to win Janice Hardy's THE SHIFTER ends in two days. All you have to do to enter is comment -- and if you're a follower, you can enter twice.
http://bit.ly/1d3Y8

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here's one to win Rachel Hawkin's last A.R.C. giveaway of Hex Hall here

The deadline is November 23rd, and it's on Goodreads, so you may have to be signed up there to enter.

History_Chick

Registered
Reaction score
Is it just for ARCs or just any book giveaway?

Just wondering.:)

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
New contest to win a copy of Stupid Cupid, a YA romantic comedy, by Rhonda Stapleton, to be released in December. The contest runs through December 21st.

wandergirl

~kirsten hubbard
Registered
Reaction score
FREE BOOKS!! And other fun

xmooset.gif
xmooset.gif
xmooset.gif

It's the holidays. Almost. And so we're giving away BUNCHES of YA books over at YA Highway!​

And that's not all, folks. The grand prize winner also receives a shiny, happy, thrilled-to-be-filled bookcase from CSN Bookcases.
Tweet or blog about the contest for a better chance of winning.​

If anyone knows about any other holiday book giveaways, feel free to post them in this thread!​

one last xmas moose for luck:​

xmooset.gif

Last edited:

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Rachel Vincent is giving away a copy of My Soul To Save the sequel to her YA novel My Soul to Take here. Contest is open to ages 13-20 only and ends on December 16th.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Stephanie Burgis is doing an ARC give-away of her debut novel, A Most Improper Magick, which will be published by Atheneum on 20 April 2010.

It's a fantasy set in Regency England, featuring cross-dressing girls, highwaymen and magical mirrors. If this sounds like your cup of tea, then check out Stephenie's website here, which will gives a better description of the book and a sneaky peeky of the first chapter.

And if all that's got your chomping at the bit to try and get your hands on an ARC, then check out Stephanie's LJ here and follow her instructions for how to enter the contest.

MM