• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Carpe Articulum Literary Review

Camille

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Carpe Articulum Literary Review is? I saw it in Writer's Digest (toward the front of the magazine). I went to the website and still didn't know what it was.

CyberCrone

Registered
Reaction score
Beware Carpe Articulum

Last year I entered a photography contest sponsored by Carpe Articulum (http://www.carpearticulum.com/). The deadline was August 30. When I didn't hear anything or see winners for photography posted on the Website by January of this year but did see announcement for fiction winners, I wrote an email to editor-in-chief Hadassah Broscova, who told me I had placed but that they had not yet posted winners. She told me they loved my work and invited me to submit more photos, so I did. That was the last I ever heard from her (January of 2011).

I have never been officially notified of placing in the contest although eventually the winners in photography did get posted on the Website - I won second prize - and a year after contest deadline I have not received the prize of $200. I don't believe my photo has been published as promised, either, or if it has, I can't find it. Four followup emails have not been answered, so on July 18 I wrote her a snail mail letter, which has not been answered as of August 21 - more than enough time even allowing for slow mail. I paid $75 to enter three photos - bye bye $75.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
caliteraryreview.com now redirects back to main site.

Nothing published in '12 and, per announcement Jan '13, next issue postponed until Sept. due to restructuring from corp. to 501(c)(3) charitable status. No further activity, however.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
For the sake of closure: as of Oct. '14 "Carpe Articulum has suspended publication. Further details to follow soon."

Details have yet to follow.