Not open for further replies.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Everyone is at Dragon*Con right now. When they get back, it'll be like bees to the hive. ;)

That and CBGN doesn't quite, umm, inspire like PC&E.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
An all powerful moderator with a smirky avatar. Hmmm.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Groups are not private, and they are searchable.

Mac and I are still figuring out some ways to implement stuff--we can categorize the Groups, for instance, if enough people like them.

Right now, I'm asking people not to upload images to Groups. I have it turned on at the moment, in order to fix another problem, but we will have server space issues if lots of people upload images.

And I think maybe this thread needs moving. Y'all ok if I put it in the Bulletin section?

Thanks--

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone is at Dragon*Con right now. When they get back, it'll be like bees to the hive. ;)

That and CBGN doesn't quite, umm, inspire like PC&E.
You mean they can't join from their iPhones and Crackberries as they're marching down the street?

I should have gone down there myself, it looks like they'll let in anyone.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just joined the Folks Who Don't Have Dclary on Ignore group. It's a very lonely place.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I feel like an idiot... where in the heck do you join a group (and yes, I joined one and don't remember how I did it)

There is no big "join group" button I can see!! help - stupidity is imminent! (if not already achieved)

ETA: never mind - dummy found the tiny little "join" link

Last edited:

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
I just managed to click the right stuff to join a group. If I can remember how, I'll draw a map. :tongue

(ackshully it's rather simple....)

Cr@p, I've been hacking around in three versions of Windows with a side order of Linux for the past week, how should I not be confused :Huh:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
couple random questions

Hope no one minds me bumping this. I have a question, put to me by one of my minions. Is it possible to Organize groups? The Fantasy Enablers Anonymous have grown large and all powerful, and our "goals" threads are lost among the riff raff. Is it possible to put threads in folders?

Also - is it possible for the whip-master... I mean... the "group maintained" person to sort of mass pm people? I've wanted to inform people of plans to arm and storm the country... I mean.... inform them of possible write-ins... but it is a clunky process pming all them folks...

Any info is much appreciated.

Deleted member 42

Hope no one minds me bumping this. I have a question, put to me by one of my minions. Is it possible to Organize groups? The Fantasy Enablers Anonymous have grown large and all powerful, and our "goals" threads are lost among the riff raff. Is it possible to put threads in folders?

Also - is it possible for the whip-master... I mean... the "group maintained" person to sort of mass pm people? I've wanted to inform people of plans to arm and storm the country... I mean.... inform them of possible write-ins... but it is a clunky process pming all them folks...

Any info is much appreciated.

Sorry, no and no.

There's a limit of 5 addressees on a PM; there's always email. You can also use a normal board thread instead of the Groups.

Think of the Groups as public messages; short and sweet.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
OK. We have groups. Interesting. But how do they communicate? If you're part of the group do you have special software that brings up ways to IM back and forth between members or what?

Or is that the end of it. You're just a member of a group, but nothing else happens? Kind of like contacts. OK, I have contacts. Now what?

Maybe you had an orientation on this while I was gone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.