vBulletin Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Well, not only do I have to sign in every time I come to the board, I also have to sign in while still ON the board. Even if I don't close the window or log off, I'll have to sign back in if I haven't written a reply to something within five or ten minutes. And, of course, even though I say "Remember my Username", it doesn't.

Irritating, to say the least and I'm not known for my patience.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Make sure your browser set to accept cookies and keep them...and maybe try adding AW to your Trusted Sites.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
also, it won't take AW as a trusted site because it doesn't have the (s) in the https thingy.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I keep getting logged out

And told I'm not logged in or I don't have permission to post anything or view anything.

Is the board trying to tell me something?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I read back, jodiodi, but didn't see anywhere you'd said which OS and browser you're using? That would actually be helpful.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
IE but don't know which version. Not sure where I'd find that information.

Windows something. Vista, I think.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Help>About Internet Explorer should tell you which build of IE you are running, and if you want to know which Windows is on your system go to Start>Computer, right-click on Boot and click on Properties. It should tell you everything you need to know about your OS.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Question: With the groups, I'm having trouble navigating the posts/discussions. There's no 'new posts', no way (that I can find) to change it from 10(?) posts per page to a higher number, and no way to jump to the last page without scrolling down.

Is this a limit of the groups? One of my groups has some awesome support threads, but I almost never visit b/c it's such a pita... I see the positives and negatives of the groups as they stand (the chance for specific 'subforums' is nice) but said issues are a prob.

Deleted member 42

Question: With the groups, I'm having trouble navigating the posts/discussions. There's no 'new posts', no way (that I can find) to change it from 10(?) posts per page to a higher number, and no way to jump to the last page without scrolling down.

Is this a limit of the groups? One of my groups has some awesome support threads, but I almost never visit b/c it's such a pita... I see the positives and negatives of the groups as they stand (the chance for specific 'subforums' is nice) but said issues are a prob.

Yes; it is. The Groups are sort of like public bulk PMs in terms of how they are created and displayed.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
If you guys would like the option to display more messages under your groups, I can do that....

I think I can, anyway, I'll have to go and poke around.

Remember, we're sort of experimenting with a bunch of these new features, figuring out how to best implement them, or even whether to do so.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
New Things for people to be especially aware of:

1. The Social Groups are not Private.

2. Visitor Messages in Profiles are not private. They are also not the same as PMs which are private.

3. In the CP there's a new option called Profile Privacy. Please do check it out. The settings only affect AW right now; vBulletin forgot to make them not Googleable. As soon as there's a patch, I'll apply the fix.

Re: Social Groups--Can you keep Google, etc., out if you select
Users must join to view the content
in the group permissions? (Group type>public)

Status
Not open for further replies.