How Many Posts?

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
I'd love some opinions on this...

Those of you who read blogs on writing...what do you like to see in terms of the frequency of posting? Is more better? How much is too much? Does it matter if you subscribe to an RSS feed?

I'm curious as to what the general opinion is on this subject...my writing partner and I average between three and four posts a day on ours, but I don't know if we are in the "magic" zone or not......

Anyone?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
A good post about once a day is what I love best as a reader, preferably with some humor and some real information I can use.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I'll post as many times as I feel like. Sometimes I don't feel like writing something one day, another day I might make three posts. All depends on how many people annoy me much I have to say.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I check Blog Surfer on Wordpress every day, but I only go through Blogger and Blogspot (and whatever else) about twice a week. I bookmark the important / really entertaining blogs. I'm reaching nearly 100 bookmarked blogs, so I don't look at all of them each and every day.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I generally think about once a day is the way to go, and the posts shouldn't be too long.

I usually subscribe to blogs I read regularly so not posting for a day or two is fine as is posting a few times a day on occasion.

Bluegate

Clearly has too much time on hand.
Registered
Reaction score
What is this? Some kind of stalker question?
I would go with once a day or every other day. I find that the ones I see with several posts per day leave me thinking that the poster couldn't get his/her thoughts together enough at one time. This leaves me with the feeling that I am not getting a very solid product of their work because they didn't take enough time pulling all together. Of course if you're doing something like an ongoing update blog such as an entertainment blog I can see how multi posts would make sense.
This is just my opinion of course and what the hell do I know. If it’s working for you then keep doing it and good for you. You may be onto something!

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
The blog I am co-founder of is a joint project, so we have two different perspectives on there. We each post a minimum of once a day...and it does seem to be working for us. I'm just really curious to see what readers seem to think...

HigherEdUnderground

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of traffic you want and what you're going for. If your blog is about current events and news, more than daily posting may be required. If it's more of a journal style, then one a day is good (and you can reasonably go blog-free on Saturday and Sunday without disrupting readership). Just my 2 cents!

JamieMT

Lurker in the Corner
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jamiedebree.com
As a reader, I prefer no more than one post a day. I only visit each blog once per day - who has time for more? That's just my personal opinion though, for what it's worth.

Capes&Corsets

Exceptional ass-kickery...served.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theseventhcircleofelle.blogspot.com
Personally, I like blogs that post about once a day, or about three times a week (my blog is a personal blog and sometimes I don't post in a few days if I'm snowed under). I'm not keen on bloggers that posts loads in a day - it can get annoying.

Matt Willard

Inquisitor of Zork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.giantrobotinvasion.com
Pick your poison and goes with what works for you. I post in-depth humor once a week because that works for me. Do what works for YOU. As long as you get your content out there as well, it's all good.

To me, though, daily posting doesn't carry the same impact as weekly, or even infrequent, well-crafted posts.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I'm with the camp that once a day is plenty. Any more and I feel overwhelmed, and that's even with using Google Reader. On the opposite end, if it's obvious that a blogger is struggling for content, I would prefer they drop the number of days they post so the quality doesn't suffer. Whatever you do, keep it consistent so your readers don't get irritated.

StumbleRum

Registered
Reaction score
Three or four posts a day!? Wow - how do you keep up the pace?

For me though, it depends on the blog. I love Mashable who post 20 or 30 times a day, but I also love SocialMediaRockstar which is lucky if it has 1 post a week.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I sometimes post two times a day, one writing-related post and one political post - plus my 365 challenge photo each day.

Not sure if that's too many but it gives people an option on what to read if they're not interested in the other topic.

Perhaps readers of my blog could weigh in whether this is working.