Reading (that's Redding, not Reeding) Festival

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
Life is short, and there is a small checklist many of us feel that we should tick off during our short journey through it in order to make us appreciate the wonder of it. Like maybe marvel at the Grand Canyon, walk amongst the antiquities of Rome or swim with dolphins. Well, I'd like to add The Reading Festival to that list. It's a three day event that's happening this weekend, and there are around 80,000 people camping out for it. They're simply there for the love of the music, the love of the bonding and - erm - probably the love of getting a little bit high. The Reading Festival is unique in as much as it's been going on for well over forty years, and I now find that whilst I went there when I was a much younger person, my daughter is currently camping at the same site. Anyway, to the point. Anyone got any festival stories from Reading or anywhere else?

Oh, and the link for the line-up for this year is

http://www.readingfestival.com/lineup/

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
Ah well, no takers so time to close the thread I guess. Daughter returned with the critique that all the major bands (Kings of Leon, Artic Monkeys and Radiohead) were "disappointing". This may have had something to do with the fact that the Reading Festival is in a field rather than a stadium, and she turned up late, so was about half a mile from the stage. She preferred the more intimate huge marquees that they eract. Best in her opinion were Bloc Party, Prodigy and Gossip. Only other point of note was that, after a hard day and night partying, a couple of her friends returned to their tent to find that it had been broken into. But, rather than finding all their belongings stolen, they discovered that the thief had actually left a present. Somebody had broken into the tent to take a crap. Nice. Her overall assessment of the experience? "Well Good!"