• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for mentor. Have a fairly unique idea, need direction. Could evolve to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tri-Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Subject - Flowers / Plants
Background - Have talked with possible readers of my idea and there is much interest. Have also talked to someone in the industry willing to give some advice on what the book would cover and options. Luckily that person is my sister. :)
My background - Wrote back in high school, but this is focusing more on the project/concept rather than the writing skills. That could come with your direction.
Timeline - Hoping late winter, Feb 2010?
I don't see this project as an option to self publish, so would need more resources to put out a quality product.

Appreciate your time,

Jim.

Last edited:

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
Welcome to the boards, Jim.

I know you don't want to share too much of your idea (especially as you feel it's a unique idea) but your post is a little too vague. Do you want to do a picture book of flowers and plants? A history of flowers and plants? A graphic novel, detailing the 2026 AD war between the flowers and plants?

And what would you like a mentor to do? Edit, co-write, beta read? A little more information may lead to a better response.

Status
Not open for further replies.