• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Strothman Agency (Wendy Strothman)

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
I had a very positive experience with Lauren MacLeod. I'd recommend her.

Gatita

Girl reporter
Registered
Reaction score
Yep to both! Wendy is my agent. A real pro, gets back to me quickly and keeps me in the loop. I like that.

revolocard

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Sent my query in and got a confirmed receipt. That, to me, is just so nice. Then, you don't have to chew your nails wondering. Expecting a no (they do say they're looking at YA, but it doesn't look like it's a focus of theirs), but still, it's great to get some info going here.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Gosh, this thread is quiet. I queried Lauren MacLeod and it took about ten days for her reply with a request for a partial by mail which I sent.

She's BostonBookGirl on Twitter (with tons of followers) if anyone is interested.

Does anyone have material out with her?

jodimeadows

Master of Typos!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jodimeadows.com
Lauren is fantastic. I signed with her a week ago and she has already started working on my line edits (they're brilliant!), sent my contract, and done things to make me a Real Writer ready to go on submission.

I queried her January 19th. She responded immediately asking for the full via email. She called me February 10th. I accepted February 16th. You can see the details here.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. MacLeod 11/12
Rejection received 11/19

YA science fiction

jodimeadows

Master of Typos!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jodimeadows.com
Lauren E. MacLeod is super-cool and supportive, as far as I was told, unfortunatley she doesn't handle fantasy:( to check on her tastes, go here: http://misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com/2009/07/secret-agent-unveiled-lauren-macleod.html

Lauren does represent fantasy, though her website says she's flooded with it. You can also see an interview here where she says she is taking fantasy, though in her words "it probably has to be one of the best I’ve ever seen, and it needs to be a little bit different from what is out there."

She's absolutely super cool and supportive. I've loved every minute working with her.

WyrdeDragon

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried/received a response from Lauren MacLeod this year? Just wondering about response times :)

Sent an e-query with pages and synopsis on 7/2/11
7/2/11 auto-reply saying if I hadn't heard back in 10 weeks it was "No"
7/12/11 Form-R

So, quick turn around, despite their warning it could take 6-8 weeks to hear anything. And I really like the auto-responce, so at least you know it got there. I've had too many queries that just meet silence, so I wonder if it ever got there at all.

Hope that helps.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Guys!
I'm here to tell you that Lauren is my agent now. :D
I hadn't come here to post this before (I mean, we signed more than a month ago) because she isn't my first agent and I didn't want to squee around like I did last time until I was sure that she was perfect for me.
So that's why I'm here.
She is!!!!!!
I already LOVE her.
She's really professional, and nice, and sweet (she even gave me an awesome cookie recipe--can you imagine someone who is that sweet????), and her editorial eye is amazing. And she seems to know a lot of the industry and, well, as I said, I already love her! :)
If you want to read more you can go here: http://monibw.blogspot.com/2011/12/omg-you-guys-awesome-lauren-macleod-is.html

Last edited:

CallMeIshmael

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Lauren 2 weeks ago and just received a full. She sounds like a dream. Fingers crossed!

Silverrosess

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Lauren, and got a lovely form rejection. Only took 2 days from query to rejection, which is something! They don't really rep high fantasy though, do they?

abrowne

Always Be Writing
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her 10/28 and got a full request 11/29. Nothing since then. Doesn't seem like she's very active on Twitter.