birth family contactee/contactor

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on an erotic paranormal thriller. My female MC is in her mid-thirties and has been contacted by someone who claims he is her twin brother. He has a laundry list of legal info about her to help prove his claim. (Up til now she had no idea she was adopted.) In my WIP the male MC lists birth dates, legal names before and after adoption, marriage and annulment, birth and death of her child--- all in an initial "I am looking for; are you this person" email.

My question: if you were adopted, how little info were you initially given to pique your interest? I don't want to do an info dump, neither do I want it so spare that the character would blow it off.

Thanks muchly y'all!

the addster

Registered
Reaction score
Website
addiepray.wordpress.com
Adoptee here. Done a lot of assistance with those searching for adoptees and natural relatives over the years too.

My best advice would be to Goolge "late discovery adoptee"

There are a lot of stories out there that should give you a handle on how these things go.

This is a great website, ran by a friend of mine on the subject...

http://www.latediscovery.org/articles.html

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks addster! I'm also an adoptee but for various reasons never did a protracted search.

Thanks to for info and link. I'm off to look now.

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am writing a script on adoption. My character is an Indian and she is looking for her sisters who are adopted in USA and UK. i visited many adoption forum and I was told that they will take the help of a detective . my character is searching with her husband who is a detective .
I would to know the following
what info she will need ?
How she will go about the search ?
Will people respond if she phone and enquire .
I would like to know any person who are searching . Any suggestion is helpful
padma

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks and I got it.It is wonderful.
padma