Alone In The Dark

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Quick question: is this film worth watching at all? I don't mind the odd so bad, it's good type of film. You know the sort of film where you turn your brain off and just enjoy OTT silliness.

So, is Alone In The Dark worth a go for a laugh or is it just crap?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Will give it a miss in that case. Like I said, there's nowt wrong with a certain kind of bad film, but there's a line between that and just bad.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I assume you mean the 2005 one? It's an enormous basket of flaming poo. I LOVE really stupid SF/Horror movies. The plot made zero sense. I kept waiting for Tara Reid to get eaten, but it never happened :( The only redeeming qualities are: 1. Christian Slater as a bad-ass dude with Ninja Skills, 2. One vaguely amusing fight scene in a meat-packing plant, and 3. Spending the three hours after the film trying to figure out what actually happened, WHICH YOU CAN'T DO IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Bad Taste is about ten thousand times better than this movie (if you haven't seen Bad Taste, the plot is: Peter Jackson and his friends run around a New Zealand farm wearing stupid alien masks for two hours)

Last edited:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
You might want to think twice about being nasty about Uwe Boll's films, else he might challenge you to a boxing match. Seriously, the man is dangerous in the ring... :)

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
It's really, really funny. Or at least I found it funny, watching it with a bunch of drunken Ukrainians who just screamed 'UWE BOLL!!!' whenever things got boring.