Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
"Love thy neighbor as thyself!", said He and the OT.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard the following insight from my wife, who heard it from her mother:

"I don't have to like you, but I must love you!"

It was like a revelation when I heard it at first and it still looks to me as a very deep insight, and so I wanted to share it w you all.

Dan

Puddle Jumper

It's a concept I've known for a long time, though I don't remember where I picked it up. I'm not sure I like the way it was put. "I must love you." Doesn't sound very loving to me. I would never say that to someone.

As a Christian, I love everyone, even the most unlovable, because Jesus commands it and because He has changed my heart to the point I feel that way. I don't like everyone though. There are some people who can really get on my nerves or people in the news who I simply don't like. I don't like Nancy Grace, she irritates me. (CNN)

On the flip side, if a Christian says to me they love me I really don't think much of it because I expect it. Yeah it's nice of them to say, but I don't expect anything different. Now if a Christian tells me that they like me, that's really something and that makes my day. :) They actually like me.

And may I just say that tolerance really isn't love? If another Christian is merely just tolerating me, that's not love because it makes me want to flee from that person because I feel persecuted. Perhaps tolerate a person on the inside but be very careful not to show it on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.