Reaction score
And I want to die. That is all.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
ah... don't die beezle. It'll be alright.

**Offers beezle a fluffy blanket and a teddy bear... offers kitty first, but kitty is mean. Throws kitty over side of couch**

have a cute kitty instead

funny-pictures-kitten-tests-sunbath.jpg

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. I think the painkillers are kicking in. They're good for about 1 hour out of every 4. I can't even call my dentist to make an appointment until Monday. And I'm supposed to be going to my brother's birthday dinner tomorrow. Ain't life grand.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Get some oil of cloves and dab it all over the tooth and around the site. It's been used for centuries for toothaches. Actually, after I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I wound up with dry socket which was agonizing. My dentist packed the socket with a mixture of clove oil and some kind of antiseptic/antibiotic. Instant relief.

Feel better soon.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard clove oil can cause health problems- toxic, or some such. Was I misinformed?

What I hate even worse than the pain is the sense of helplessness. Nothing I do works. I hold ice to my face, dishclothes soaked in hot water, I gargle salt water, I'm brushing my teeth constantly, I'm taking very hot showers just to distract myself... and... no, I was wrong. The pain is the worst.

In other news, the most recent painkillers did nothing. Here's hoping the next lot will.

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard clove oil can cause health problems- toxic, or some such. Was I misinformed?

Sure, if you drink it, but a bit dabbed on the tooth and gum will be fine. Here's what wikipedia had to say about it.

I feel for you, I really do. A toothache is NO fun.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Co-codamol. It is nice 'n' strong, but you're limited to what other drugs you can take at the same time.

Hope you feel better soon.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I was going to say cloves. It doesn't even have to be oil. But god...the taste. I feel for you...there's not a lot worse than a toothache. Hopefully your dentist has emergency appointment space and they can see you on Monday. Hang in there.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
The irony is, I've been writing a story about an evil dentist.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
and they say that truth is even stranger than fiction. don't let him put you out. stick to your guns. don't take the shot either.

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwtabithatodd.wordpress.com
Here's what you do (coming from someone who can't afford dental care and has a few very bad teeth right now)...

1. Garlic clove - bite down on it over the offending tooth, the garlic has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties (like antibiotics) that will kill infections. It's infections that cause the pain of a tooth ache.

2. Onion - same as garlic

3. Peroxide - stings for a second but instant relief. Take a q-tip and dip it in peroxide then put it over the offending tooth and bite down. You'll feel a bit of a sting, bubbling and then relief.

4. If it's a cavity, tooth gum (any pharmacy should have it) with a bit of clove oil. A few drops of clove oil in the cavity then pack it with the tooth gum. It's a temp fix before seeing a dentist.

last one WILL destroy the tooth more but oh so nice for relief and instant relief:

If you have Advil in liquid capsule form, break open a capsule and squeeze a few drops on your finger, swipe this across the tooth - total instant relief!!! For hours!!!

WARNING : tastes like the worse thing you can imagine, do not rinse tooth but you can drink and eat as normal. It will make you gag the first few times but you get used to it. Any liquid capsule form of Advil works (regular, migraine, ect)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Beezle, sure hope you'll get rid of that toothache quickly. Oh, & please don't die. (((((HUGS)))))).

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm loaded up on painkillers and will try to sleep now. Last night the little sleep I had was all full of dreams of having a toothache. Fingers crossed.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
The irony is, I've been writing a story about an evil dentist.

Gasp! Let me know right away if any other parts of your story comes true. You might have opened a doorway that needs to be shut.

I have experience in this.

We'll need an old priest and a young priest...

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I had a filling fall out. This left my nerve exposed, and I think that was just about the worst pain I've felt in my life...right up there with a kidney infection I had. I've given birth to five children, and that was a walk in the park compared to that tooth pain. I cried like a baby, because the pain was unrelenting until I could get to the dentist. I actually had to go to the ER and get some sort of temporary filling until I got in to see him.

You have my heartfelt sympathies, Beezle. It's the worst.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Get some oil of cloves and dab it all over the tooth and around the site. It's been used for centuries for toothaches. Actually, after I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I wound up with dry socket which was agonizing. My dentist packed the socket with a mixture of clove oil and some kind of antiseptic/antibiotic. Instant relief.

Feel better soon.

Wait... aa .. are you George Clooney? He told this story on Letterman....

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all kinds of loopy from days of lack of sleep and lack of food and painkillers... especially the painkillers... but in the last couple hours I feel human again. The antibiotics I started last night are doing something. I guess that means I have an abscess.

It's the tooth I had root canal done on last year. Part of the filling came away, exposing this little titanium pin inserted through my tooth to reinforce it. I didn't even notice at first, but it must have provided a highway for bacteria to travel right down into the root.

Anyway, looks like I won't kill myself after all. Thanks guys :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
So glad you won't, beezle. All will be well and very glad those antibiotics are working! ((((((HUGS))))

Status
Not open for further replies.