• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rodeen Literary Management (Paul Rodeen)

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
He is speedy, isn't he? I got the rejection today and thought, "Already?"

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
It took Paul Rodeen forever to get back to me. It was like two months. I was just about to requery when I got the rejection. Oh well, ya live and learn!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the R Juneluv, better luck next sub. At least I can hang onto hope a little longer :)

redsoxfan83

friday night lights fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
babyiwasborntoread.blogspot.com
It is kind of weird that the Paul Rodeen thread is still here since he has his own agency, but I'll add in my two cents anyway. I queried him back in mid-March and had heard nothing for more than a month, so I checked back in the first week in May and he requested a full. Since then, nothing, but as I say to my friends, I'm optimistically jaded at this point. We'll see. But anyway, to those who haven't heard back, email him! Maybe he just got really swamped for awhile...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
*poof* :D

(split from Sterling Lord Literistic)

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
When you guys equeried him, did you include 50 pages in your email as per this:
Lengthy pieces and large files should not be sent initially, fifty pages from a novel or a longer work of nonfiction will suffice.

I want to email him, but 50 pages seems like a lot to put into the body of an email. I'll send it if he wants, but I just want to see what others have done.

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
I queried on April 19 and still haven't heard back. Not exactly "lightning speed," I'd say. :)

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a bunch of no-replies from way back, I assume they are R's, although I do suspect that some of the emails had not gotten through. There is no way to check it though.

Beware_of_Italics

Different from the rest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stuffandnonsense-auntkristin.blogspot.com
I'm very new to submitting a children's book. Since on the site it reads that they accept unsolicited submissions, should I copy/paste my story with the query? My story is just a little over 2,000 words/around 7 pages, so it wouldn't be much to paste into the email. (Still working on my book though).

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very new to submitting a children's book. Since on the site it reads that they accept unsolicited submissions, should I copy/paste my story with the query? My story is just a little over 2,000 words/around 7 pages, so it wouldn't be much to paste into the email. (Still working on my book though).

I think that would be fine.

revolocard

Registered
Reaction score
According to his website it's "send your project" and I read in an interview that he wanted people to send their whole manuscript, not a query letter. So...just send on a partial, apparently, with a cover letter is the way he seems to prefer (though obviously it looks like people are at least getting replies from query letters).

So, Beware_of_Italics, I am pretty positive that you'll be just fine pasting your children's book in it. But check the submissions guidelines to see if it should be attached or in the body, I forget.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I queried him THE DAY he opened his new agency so maybe he was sitting there, bright-eyed 'n' bushy-tailed, waiting for the queries to come in? He might be dealing with a lag now.

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm confused about what he wants in the submission. Partial in an attachment or pasted in body? It's not super clear. Anyone think they know?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm confused about what he wants in the submission. Partial in an attachment or pasted in body? It's not super clear. Anyone think they know?

I pasted in the body. I never send attachments unless the agency specifically requests it

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
He's got a pretty quick turn around. Queried 10/2 and got a form "r" today. Gave him query and first three chapters.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
K I would for sure! Probably fell into the dreaded black whole of queries...