• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

The solution to the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
In my comedy team, when we feel a little dry, we put the names of famous historical people into a hat (or whoever your characters are, we write historical stuff) and pull two out each. In the morning you are your first name. In the evening you are the second. Go out on town, go to see a film.

We had a great time (Pete dressed as Ghandi complaining to the cinema director about the violence in Sin City is something I can never forget), but most importantly ended the block.

You have to completely forget yourself too. Spend the middle of the day writing down the thoughts of the first person you were, and at night, the thoughts of the second. Put them in difficult situations, but not just mentally - actually live them (but don't pick fights, especially if you are Ghandi....)

Nique

screenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Ghandi

That's hiliarious. I would have loved to have seen "Ghandi" doing something like that. Good strategy. I'm sure though Ghandi would have had something to say today with all that happened in London. My thoughts are with you.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers screenwriter - sorry for the late reply - I just got back to my internet two days ago. Actually, the three of us were due in London that day. We got stopped on the train about 30minutes away from what was happening. We were on our way to Brighton to perform. The strange thing is that we had to rearrange our times because of someone in Brighton unable to meet us in the early morning. If it wasn't for that - we would have been right in the middle of it at Kings Cross.
What a guy. Unprofessional as hell, but what a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.