Holy Freaking Coding On A Pine Stick

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
*pulls hair from noggin and then lights noggin on fire before putting hair back on*

I've spent all day trying to edit code and install scripts, only to realize that all my uploading and installing and edits for the patches were OUTDATED and there were new things to upload and install in another place, hidden deep within the bowels of a website, in a secluded post.

*vent* *vent* *WHINE* *vent* *crushes keyboard and mouse into little bits*

And of course now, hosting internodeswidths are actually being slow. :rant::Hammer:

But... holy crap, this show Merlin on Hulu is cool. *geek*

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Bastards!

On a related note, it's nearly the fourth of July. I will have a valid excuse for firing bottle rockets at neighbors' odious lawn art. :D

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
...just blame it on the neighborhood kids;)

*steps out on porch, sees neighbors fuming over charred lawn decorations, wanders over to offer condolences*

Damn kids these days! What's the world coming to, when kids are shooting bottle rockets at people's lawn decor? It's a cryin' shame, I tell ya!

Back in my day, we used cherry bombs and Roman candles.

*gets chased back across street with sticks*

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
*steps out on porch, sees neighbors fuming over charred lawn decorations, wanders over to offer condolences*

Damn kids these days! What's the world coming to, when kids are shooting bottle rockets at people's lawn decor? It's a cryin' shame, I tell ya!

Back in my day, we used cherry bombs and Roman candles.

*gets chased back across street with sticks*

I see you have the same syndrome I have---damn I should have finished that speech one sentence earlier syndrome. Sadly there is no cure.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Sorry. I don't speak geek. But I do feel your pain, and I offer you a cookie. Chocolate chip, even. :)

the level of pain depends solely on whether you meant geek in a good way or a bad way;)

...sides you speak geek fine---bribes of chocolate are always good.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
When I said all that stuff I said in the first post, I meant PHP coding suck eggplants.

Mine as well. Sounds extremely frustrating!

I hope you aren't doing coding in college. ;)

garden gnomes are at it again!

I hear if you keep one indoors at night, they turn into garden imps, and then they knock over garbage cans and poop in your garden.

Sorry. I don't speak geek. But I do feel your pain, and I offer you a cookie. Chocolate chip, even. :)

NOM! *chews* ... Did you want your hand back?

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I want this lawn statue:

big-foot.jpg

I will put him just behind the tree in my front yard at the house-end of the driveway, so people can't see him until they get out of their cars and walk past him. Then I will only invite people over after dark. *evil laugh*

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
I know exactly what it is all about. That's why I use a server on my own computer for effing with code. Then one big upload while I step out to the kitchen for a little something, and it's done. Nobody ever knows that I might have had a Bad PHP Day. :tongue

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Now that's what I call a sticky situation!

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
Am I brave enough to go back into coding today? *drums fingernails on the desk* Hmm... yup. Guess I should.

And anyone else catch that six pack on BigFoot there? I mean... wow!

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I know what you're talking about, too.

I had a slightly different problem back during my IBM days - every time there was some kind of update or patch that wasn't automatically installed, I had to convince however many managers I was supporting at the time that no, I can't just "put it on there and make it work." You have to click on the link they sent you - didn't you see that note? You deleted it? *SIGH* Okay, I'll forward it to you; I still have it. Now, when you get it, there's a link you click. Click on the link and follow the directions - no, I can't just put it on for you. It's a program, so you have to put it on YOUR computer to make it work...no, it has to be local to each machine. Yes, call me if you have trouble, or if you want me to do it, just bring your laptop over - okay, I'll see you in five minutes...

(And the correct answer to "PAAAAAAGEYYYYYY! It won't do the thing when I do the thing and I click on the thing to make it do the thing it won't do iiiiiiit!!!!!!111" is almost always "Reboot it and try it again."

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
Ha! That reminds me.

Golden words for most computer users: When it doesn't work, turn it off and turn it back on.

That fixes like 99% of all computer problems. It's like magic.