I'm not quite sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
-- but I think I've been accused of stalking someone?

I replied, twice, to a young man, whom I'm old enough to be his mother, and both of my replies were said with humorous intentions, as most of them are. But then I get a rep point saying about another stalker and that's all they need. First of all, I thought he was complaining about someone else and I asked who via a returned rep point, but seeing as I'm the only person who actually quoted him and spoke to him, then that just leaves me.

Have I really not got to want to laugh, to be sociable, with AW members of the opposite sex, for them not to take me the wrong way? I see a lot worse than me on here. Plus I'm happily married, I'm not into toy boys, and why would I be stalking a young man whom I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about, or even what he looks like?

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I guess so, but I feel embarrassed that someone would think I was that desperate in the first place.

Because some people think it's all about them all the time?

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Are you sure it wasn't said jokingly? we don't have a sarcasm smiley...

jenn, who is someone's stalker ;)

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... well if the lad has got somebody stalking him, for real, he's gotta be a bit emotionally distraught. So even though he apparently overreacted to your posts I think he should be cut some slack; or maybe not? I ain't much good with Lander-like topics, but figured I'd weigh in, here, seeing as your a cool lassie, Samantha. Now don't go taking that the wrong way, unless ya'd like ;-)

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if it was supposed to be a joke or not, a sigh was inserted to it, so was a smile, that's what made me think it was by someone else at first. But I checked and rechecked and am pretty sure they meant me. I would have IM'd them, but I was so taken aback that I wouldn't have been very tactful about it.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I'll take it any way you want me to Ken. :D See, I'm usually a person who jumps to conclusions straight away, but with this, I didn't think anything of it until after I'd checked to see who was doing the stalking.

... well if the lad has got somebody stalking him, for real, he's gotta be a bit emotionally distraught. So even though he apparently overreacted in regards to your posts I think he should be cut some slack; or maybe not? I ain't much good with Lander-like topics, but figured I'd weigh in, here, seeing as your a cool lassie, Samantha. Now don't go taking that the wrong way, unless ya'd like ;-)

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... when you mentioned he said "another person stalking him" I supposed that meant somebody else in addition to you in his view. But if he just meant you well then I retract my sympathy for him.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'd have to leave it a while before I PM'd him, because I wouldn't know how to say anything without it being through virtual gritted teeth. I really hope I'm wrong about this, and just being a big old drama queen, but the more I've looked at it and thought about it, the more sure I am.

I think I see the posts and the person you're talking about. Nothing wrong in your quotes, just humor. PM him about it then leave him be.
(Geez--I follow and quote a lot of people here at AW. Guess that makes me a stalker too! )

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Methinks he has a real one, and then lil ol' me. I feel sorry for anyone who's stalked, as I've had this happen, myself, and it used to make me stay away from the site. I've never stalked anyone in my life, real or virtual.

... when you mentioned he said "another person stalking him" I supposed that meant somebody else in addition to you in his view. But if he just meant you well then I retract my sympathy for him.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I've had stalkers. Guys that call 20 times in a single day, once every half hour, leaving strange emails, etc. I dealt with it and the problem eventually went away. A couple of replies to the same person isn't stalker.

Sounds like he was being a drama queen, not you. If two reply posts, or even one, means a stalker, we all are guilty.

I'd happily stalk Stormie and Ken and a number of others on here. ;)

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I used to get strange phone calls, from someone, when I was much younger. He just used to breath heavy down the phone and I'd slam it down on him. But he made the mistake of phoning when I was watching my favourite TV programme, so I told him that I knew who he was, and one foggy night he was going to get his head kicked in. He never phoned again. :D

I've had stalkers. Guys that call 20 times in a single day, once every half hour, leaving strange emails, etc. I dealt with it and the problem eventually went away. A couple of replies to the same person isn't stalker.

Sounds like he was being a drama queen, not you. If two reply posts, or even one, means a stalker, we all are guilty.

:roll:
I'd happily stalk Stormie and Ken and a number of others on here. ;)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'd have to leave it a while before I PM'd him, because I wouldn't know how to say anything without it being through virtual gritted teeth...
But starting a thread about it here is better?

Sam, if you have a problem with a member, please try to work it out in private with that person or go through a mod to resolve the issue. Airing it out here in the open won't solve anything except to make matters worse.

Closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.