Status
Not open for further replies.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Those are newer figures....I remember several years ago it was a day with tons more than that.

....................oh for the good old days......

Deleted member 42

Err.

Yes. Wait and see what happens after the shut-down tonight; it might change.

Fokker Aeroplanbau

Registered
Reaction score
Website
negationcorner.blogspot.com
I don't know if the figures are right, or wrong, restarted or not. Yet I've noticed an upsurge in online discussion activity, I really have - most of the forums I frequent have had close, if not surpassed, their previous marks that have stood for several years.

I hope AW can get in on this upsurge and attract new followers like myself.

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
The rather massive number from a couple of years ago was actually due to some faulty settings. :) It wasn't accurate at all.

Newguy1428

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
There's an up tick in the amount of people posting about starting newspaper comic strips at other forums. They have probably showed up here, also. Newspaper syndicates have something like a 0.001 acceptance rate for comic strips. Been there. Done that.

A few years ago, there was also an issue with spy bots at one of the forums I frequented. They had hundreds of thousands of visitors per day. All to talk about figurative oil painting?

Let's not forget that there are a lot of people looking for work and I bet that leads them to unrealized dreams. Welcome. I am just about to realize a dream of mine. I have some writing projects that have become golden. Wish me luck. I hope you find yours, also.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I just noticed it.

Any special reason? (Just curious, in a geeky sort of way.)
We geeks are all alike! (currently reading "Born On A Blue Day," link to TV interview with the author)
Those are newer figures....I remember several years ago it was a day with tons more than that.

....................oh for the good old days......
When was it, a year or two ago, Jenna started that big long thread welcoming our 20,000th member. I think the thread's in the history section, it was a hoot.

But things have since been cleared out, sometime since there were only 15,000 members, and now it's up to 17,885 and our newest member is Sam Grover. So yeah, any numbers from a couple years ago have apparently been reset by The Database Cleanup Crew.

:welcome:, Sam!

(Sam's gonna Google his name in a few months and be embarrassed...:))

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Before the cleanups I had 35,500 posts.

Deleted member 42

When was it, a year or two ago, Jenna started that big long thread welcoming our 20,000th member. I think the thread's in the history section, it was a hoot.

That included anyone/any spammer who had ever registered. It was never accurate.

Droemar

Writer's Heart, Editor's Mouth
Registered
Reaction score
Considering so many forums die after their first year, this place has nothing short of an astonishing numbers of members. ACTIVE ones.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
People are on vacation and a major blizzard just hit the east cost of the US.

Add to that: since 1 in 10 people (my own statistics made up from my own experience) know they are a writer and could pen a best-seller in no time and wow, what a great backup plan to supplement the income! Just write a book! Come on, how hard can it be, really?

Then that explains why so many people are here today.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
"It's the economy, stupid!"

Gee, you could probably base a successful Presidential campaign on that.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Considering so many forums die after their first year, this place has nothing short of an astonishing numbers of members. ACTIVE ones.
And AW cooler actually began way back in 2001. I remember three forums--screenwriters, fiction, and non-fiction with a few threads in each.

Manuel Royal said:
Though I hope I'm not just killing time. Whenever I'm here, I think of it as research, communication with colleagues, or general intellectual broadening. Yeah, that's it.
Exactly. :D

jaksen said:
People are on vacation and a major blizzard just hit the east cost of the US.
Nah, I was outside most of the day, shoveling snow that was up to my waist. (Though I am under 5 ft. tall....) They couldn't find me for awhile.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
gaah! a zombie thread.

(pssst, roswell1828...last post in this thread was 5 years ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.