Professor Published Course Packets?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I have an MC that puts together self-published course "books" for college classes and I need titles of what he might assemble.

-You know the type? Often comb bound and available at local copy stores, sometimes original works and sometimes a collection of many other articles-

If you can think of some classes you had, or have, with this sort of personal publication, I’d greatly appreciate any titles that you remember! (I've been trying to make some titles up, but I'll bet my imagination pales to what you guys can come up with for real -or maybe not so real)

Many Thanks,

-Kelly

dnic

Resident Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
four-lettered-words.blogspot.com
My economic and psychology professors do that. But they're generally just "titled" with the course name on there. So say it's behavioral psychology:

Behavioral Psychology
Psych 2

Or economic courses:

Microeconomics
Econ 120A

Lazy and unoriginal, yes, but it makes for easy organization. ;]

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Yeah I did a fair amount of those. I can help but you should give me a direction - is the course in the humanities? Social sciences? Math? etc. Try to narrow it down to a discipline. I can help with Social/Behavioral and Humanities.

Also note that those course packets are pretty much out now - people use Blackboard or equivalent.

They are called "course pack" in the East Coast, "reader" on the West Coast, and something else in the Midwest, I don't remember.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Here in Michigan, they're called Course Packs and they just have the title of the course, and usually the prof's name on them. So "English 302: Reading for Teachers", "Ellen Smith."

And they didn't always come with the comb binding... ugh.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I did a fair amount of those. I can help but you should give me a direction - is the course in the humanities? Social sciences? Math? etc. Try to narrow it down to a discipline. I can help with Social/Behavioral and Humanities.

Any thing would help,
Even if it was just the course title!

The way I remember them was the course subtitle
for instance:
not just Sociology 350, but
Sociology 350:
Sexuality and Social Norms in Post-War America

That's what I guess I was looking for, the Course's No & subtitle?

Any course subtitle that might be somewhat interesting? I'm trying to build the scene around the occasional inserted professor's text title, as if building a list-like poem with bits of story in-between... So, Yes, Social/Behavioral, Humanities would be very helpful, as well as math or psych or specific science titles? (There's not a lot I can do with introductory 100 level course titles... except mix them in with the others)

Again Thanks!

-Kelly

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Ah. Well, here's a link... for Eastern Michigan University. Lots of titles for you... some 45 pages of courses and titles. =) Will this work?

ETA: In the left sidebar is a link for course prefixes. That might help, too.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Ah. Well, here's a link... for Eastern Michigan University. Lots of titles for you... some 45 pages of courses and titles. =) Will this work?

ETA: In the left sidebar is a link for course prefixes. That might help, too.

That's Wonderful! Why didn't I think of that?
I just spent an hour copying over some great titles!
Much Thanks!

-Kelly