• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Siren Publishing / Rapture Publishing / BookStrand

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been on those lists in years, so I can't help you there. :tongue I really, really, really need to write more.

Sounds like you've got a ton of pre-orders. Congrats! Sales should start showing up once your book's actually available.

I remember once I was checking my sales and the page recorded a sale while I was watching. That was a thrill!

Not exactly a ton. I finally got my author account this morning and I checked the stats. LOL!

I need to write a LONGER letter to santa and ask him to grant my dearest wish of a BAZILLION SALES. :ROFL:

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long Siren takes rights for?

Last edited:

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone want to know how long Siren take the rights for?

Five years from the date of publication, with automatic monthly renewals after that period unless/until the author requests termination. Their boilerplate contract is posted on their website.

http://www.sirenbookstrand.com/contract/

ETA: In re-reading your post, I'm not sure now if you were asking how long or if you were about to tell us. :)

Last edited:

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Five years from the date of publication, with automatic monthly renewals after that period unless/until the author requests termination. Their boilerplate contract is posted on their website.

http://www.sirenbookstrand.com/contract/

ETA: In re-reading your post, I'm not sure now if you were asking how long or if you were about to tell us. :)
Thanks! No I must have been really tired when I typed that. It was a typo.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Siren sends a "rights reversion letter"?

I requested my rights back in 2016 when I retired my pen name, then kind of forgot about it. I wasn't sure how long I had left on my contract anyway, and at the time I didn't really care. But now when I look on their website, my book doesn't pop up in their search so I figure the contract is up and they accepted my rights reversion.

However, they never sent me a letter.

tedi.s

Demigods, wolves, & Vamps... Oh my!
Registered
Reaction score
What do you need to know? I haven't subbed to them in a hot minute but I'm still getting sales. What I've heard from other authors in our FB group is a lot of them are pulling their books to self pub as they have the customer/fan base to do so. Also I hear it's hard to get a response from them as in email and they don't respond back in a timely manner. But I've had no issues with payments from them.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Thanks, you answered the question I was indirectly asking. I do editing for them, and started to panic when my number of assignments started dropping off. I was afraid they might be closing; I didn't know it was author attrition. Well, now that I'm getting more free time, maybe I'll start writing for them again. I've never had any problems with communications and you're right, they do pay in full and on time.