• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Donadio & Olson, Inc.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone has had any experience with Carrie Howland or this agency? I searched the forums, but noticed they weren't listed. I also noticed they didn't have $ listed beside their name on P&E.

Wanted to check before I query her...

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
I just tried twice to equery Carrie at the address listed on AQ. It bounced back both times.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I went ahead and queried her earlier today, but mine didn't bounce back.

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
Well, either it's my computer or you guys are sending it to a different addy.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I just tried twice to equery Carrie at the address listed on AQ. It bounced back both times.

I tried 3 times....twice at Carrie's email address and once at the [email protected]. I called the office to see if something was wrong with their email.....I don't think they know there is a problem.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you have sent could not be delivered to one or more
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed:

<[email protected]>: Backend Replied [22f861a4.3006139280.58131.00-116.p01c11m101.mxlogic.net]: 5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering. (Mode: queuesafe)

That's what I keep getting.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Did you have a website address or something in there that might kick it out? I had trouble sending my partial to an agent the other day b/c I had a web link in it. I tried it on three separate account, and they all rejected it.

Once I took that out, it went through fine.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Did you have a website address or something in there that might kick it out? I had trouble sending my partial to an agent the other day b/c I had a web link in it. I tried it on three separate account, and they all rejected it.

Once I took that out, it went through fine.

Just my email address under the signature...it's not a webpage though.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is it a link or plain text? Make sure it's not being turned into a link when you send it. And your content is pasted rather than attached, yes?

What sort of account are you using? Some systems block hotmail and other oft-abused providers. If you have another account, try from that one.

Also, they don't specify it, but it's a good idea to have "query" in the subject line, if you don't already.

And when all else fails, go snail mail. :Hammer:

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Is it a link or plain text? Make sure it's not being turned into a link when you send it. And your content is pasted rather than attached, yes?

What sort of account are you using? Some systems block hotmail and other oft-abused providers. If you have another account, try from that one.

Also, they don't specify it, but it's a good idea to have "query" in the subject line, if you don't already.

And when all else fails, go snail mail. :Hammer:

I'll go snail mail. It's comcast......and yes, I put "Query" in the subject line. Nothing is attached, it's all pasted into the mail. It does look like it made a link, but this is the first time I've ever gotten a message like that. I'll fix it and try again, thanks for the suggestions.

River Rat

Registered
Reaction score
I tried e-mailing her twice (including today) and both bounced back. I have had no problems with anyone else and have conformed to the usual format, etc. Maybe she just has a little box and you just have to get lucky.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
I just e-mailed her (using hotmail) and didn't bounce. I guess it got through.

EchelonPress

Registered
Reaction score
Um, dude, we have been trying to get in touch with you to offer you a contract for Killer cows. Could you please get in touch with me, Karen Syed, at Echelon Press/Quake. [email protected]

Note to authors: always put contact info on actual manuscript, cover letters almost always get lost by publishers at some point.

Karen Syed
http://klsyed.com

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Which "dude" are you talking to?

ETA: Ah, I see now. Please take it PM.

J. M. Hunter

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with Carrie Howland, but I queried Edward Hibbert on May 5 and got a request for a partial on June 15.

I didn't get any emails bounced, but I also didn't get any confirmation, which seems to be par for the course.

As for the agency, they are listed in the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2009 as being a member of AAR, though other details are scarce. They did mention that they are interested in literary fiction and non-fiction. Another site listed Carrie as an Associate Agent.

dragonmedley

Inconsistent AWer
Registered
Reaction score
I'll go snail mail. It's comcast......and yes, I put "Query" in the subject line. Nothing is attached, it's all pasted into the mail. It does look like it made a link, but this is the first time I've ever gotten a message like that. I'll fix it and try again, thanks for the suggestions.

I got the exact same problem. The only 'link' was my email address; I tried again using (at) and (dot) instead of the @ and . and got the same results.

Snail mail it is, I guess.

AyJay

Luv's Conscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
andrewjpeterswrites.com
I'm considering querying this agency for my gay-themed young adult. J.M. - how did you come to query Edward Hibbert? He's listed on LitMatch and Querytracker as not accepting unsolicited queries. Maybe he hasn't updated his status? Also, LitMatch lists another agent Darren Web as interested in gay/lesbian fiction. I couldn't find any information about him. Any leads?

Mercury Retrograde

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering querying this agency for my gay-themed young adult. J.M. - how did you come to query Edward Hibbert? He's listed on LitMatch and Querytracker as not accepting unsolicited queries. Maybe he hasn't updated his status? Also, LitMatch lists another agent Darren Web as interested in gay/lesbian fiction. I couldn't find any information about him. Any leads?

Hi fellow New Yorker!

Darren Web is listed in Agent Query as accepting queries. I think Agent Query has more up-to-date listings than LitMatch and QueryTracker:

http://www.agentquery.com/search.aspx

Good luck!

AyJay

Luv's Conscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
andrewjpeterswrites.com
Hey Merc - I saw Darren there too. Not much info. Says he doesn't accept e-mail queries. Anyone have experience with him?