Is it possible to check someone else's rep points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searching

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been askead before, I couldn't find it.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
If you mean check the actual content of the comments attached to the rep points, no. Not for anyone with less power than an admin... and it has to be pretty darn serious for an admin to check rep points.

If you mean check how many someone has, no. Not the actual number. But if you put your cursor just under the 'P' in 'Posts:' under someone's avatar, you'll get something like 'Is so great we've run out of compliments'.

There's a list somewhere that gives the ratings... let me go find it and I'll edit to add a link. BRB ;)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I find it interesting that anyone would care about someone elses rep points....lol

Deleted member 42

What about the ones you've given? I can never remember if I have repaid the complement...

off topic... sorry

Nope; not possible.

But why not err in the direction of genrousity? Rep 'em again. Let people know when they've been helpful, or thoughtful, or said something that makes you think.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever given a negative rep point but apparently it's possible. Do those count or subtract from someone's rep count total?

I go by the old addage, "If you can't say something nice about someone, say nothing at all."

Bardoyse

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deborahrey.wordpress.com
Nope; not possible.

But why not err in the direction of genrousity? Rep 'em again. Let people know when they've been helpful, or thoughtful, or said something that makes you think.

Holy smoke, THAT would be nice! I have a hard time believing in IF anymore, though. Lovely suggestion, that's for sure.

Sunnies,

Bardoyse

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I find it interesting that anyone would care about someone elses rep points....lol

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the person wanted to check what they said or wanted to see what other kinds of reps the other person gets.

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
At a parenting forum I mod, all the members can see rep points. I'm not saying that to say how much cooler we are (it's a different environment for a different purpose), but to answer the question about why anyone would want to do see others' rep comments. I just enjoy reading the love fest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.