So what's for dinner?

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
The grocery store had a special on fresh salmon, which I rarely cook fresh so I had to look up how to do it. It turns out that the on line instructions of 6 minutes per 1/2 inch of fish at 450 makes perfect baked salmon. Before I put it in the oven, I slathered it in a sauce made with Hellman's mayo, dijon mustard, lemon rind (and if I can get it, fresh dill). I served the left over sauce with it. All in all a big hit.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Chatpate (what I thought was bhel puri originally, but another dish entirely), goat momo for me and veggie choila for the hubby as carry-out from a Nepali place we wanted to try again. I think I can remake that choila for home cooking this week. :)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I tried vegan sour cream (plant based). I really do want to eat more plant-based food. I am sorry to report, it was horrible.

That's all, carry on. :)

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We decided to get take out at the Italian restaurant where we had our Wedding Reception. I keep forgetting how WONDERFUL their food is. I'm having leftover tortellini for breakfast. LOL.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Pork roast, baked potatoes, spinach salad, strawberry shortcake. Pretty fancy for a Monday? We had a heck of a storm last night, power out, big trees down, lightning, 80 mph winds, so we are having Sunday Dinner tonight. The strawberry shortcake is celebrating our roof. It stayed on!

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
On Saturday I had dinner with a friend -- first time since lockdown, & we were both very careful! I made a butterflied leg of lamb, broiled, and a caprese salad with very fresh everything, and local strawberries with real whipped cream. A feast! Today I had what was left of the salad for lunch. For dinner tonight: leftover lamb curry. And I bought more strawberries (last of the season! no more till next June!:cry:) and there's still whipped cream. So it will be Feast part 2.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nasi lemak from the local Singaporean street food restaurant (carryout, of course)

benbenberi

Registered
Reaction score
Chinese delivery comfort food: egg roll, spare ribs, pork lo mein, wonton soup. Bonus cold sesame noodles for lunch.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tonight was all about the home-made vegetable pie which I didn't make, but omg it was delish...

- - - Updated - - -

Nasi lemak from the local Singaporean street food restaurant (carryout, of course)
Oh I want (no shrimp)

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Chicken enchiladas like my grandmother use to make (home made enchilada sauce is what makes it)

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
Starting the diet...again. Homemade chicken curry. Batch cooking. Will be eating it for the next fourteen meals.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Sirloin tips rubbed with a cumin-heavy, vaguely southwestern seasoning, grilled and sliced into pita breads with sliced avocado. And since I made my first trip to Trader Joe's in four months on Friday, their broccoli slaw with a dressing made of their turmeric-almond salad dressing mixed with extra almond butter.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Pineapple on pizza is never my first choice but I do love to eat it with my 99 year old MIL, since it's her fav.

As for dinner we've had two occasions this week where fancy-ish food was required and I was nominated to make. I made the same meal twice since I'm lazy that way and the people were different at each occasion. I've recently discovered braising ribs which I marinate and then BBQ for approximately 5 minutes total - omg they are delicious and they receive wild acclaim each time. I served them along with a mixed rice/grain mushroom pilaff, and a salad - the first meal was an asian coleslaw, the second was a mixed green strawberry/feta/onion/pecan salad, with a strawberry dressing. All delicious but I'm so done with cooking for a while.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Tahini dill potatoes.

Boil the potatoes and then fry them in oil till crispy (or crispy-ish, I can never quite get it right). Take some tahini and mix in some dill, onion powder, garlic salt, dried parsley and squeeze a lemon in and mix it with some water. Whisk it, then cut up some green onions and throw it all together.

Last edited:

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Saturday: Weenie Beanies
Sunday: Pizza from a very good pizza place we don't get to very often (no pineapple, but Wife does anchovies)
Tonight: Nachos
Tomorrow: Beef Stroganoff
Wednesday: Green Tomato Chicken Enchiladas

benbenberi

Registered
Reaction score
Slow-roasted pork belly. With either cherry tomatoes or a wedge salad (I haven't decided yet, but Russian dressing either way). And watermelon after. And beer. Gotta have beer with pork belly.