So what's for dinner?

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
The potatoes are going a bit soft, so potatoes, cheese, and onions tonight or tomorrow.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Last night, spaghetti & meat sauce, cheat-made with a jar of marinara from a local company. Alas, it turns out I don't care that much for their marinara, though adding a good dose of aniseed makes it much better. Apologies to all the friends I gave jars of it for Christmas. The people and the packaging were both very nice.

Tonight I need to cook the short ribs I bought on Sunday, not realizing I had no room in the freezer for them. They'll fit much better once the meat falls off those bones and I've eaten a portion or two.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Fajitas. Beef, onions, peppers, Pensky fajita spices, tortilla, sour cream, cheese.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Gonna retry making shrimp and hominy stew tonight. I messed up last time. While I soaked the dried hominy overnight, I then somehow forgot to cook said hominy for 1 1/2hrs beforehand...

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We accidentally overbought and ended up with a bazillion cans of corn. So its corn fritters tonight. Haven't tried making them before. Cross all your fingers.

Oh, also Penskey's Spices have closed all their retail stores, but are still paying their employees for at least two weeks. BUT they do mail order. The fajita mix we used the other day ^^^^ is really good. Just sayin'!

Last edited:

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I made corned beef. It was the cheap-ass on-sale brisket from Aldi, and though many cheap-ass on-sale products from Aldi are great, this one was not. Soooooo salty, and though I cooked it gently it came out as dry & stringy as a super-stringy dry thing. Note to self: For the annual corned beef treat, just suck it up and buy the expensive good stuff. This was so bad, I may not even use the leftovers for hash. :(

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I decided on a semi-Asian theme starring chicken fingers. I made sticky rice, a sunomono salad to go with it and served the fingers with a Thai sweet chilli sauce. Really little effort for surprisingly big reviews.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Korean barbecue-style burger in tortillas with broccoli slaw (rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic salt, and szechuan black pepper seasoning) and sriracha mayonnaise sauce. It's our tweak of a recipe from Cook's Country that we really like. Lots of garlic in the beef!

Last edited:

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Mini pizzas tonight. I bought the ingredients the last time we went shopping and we need to use them before the muffins go bad.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Leftovers, spaghetti with meat sauce.

Not complaining. It was good the first go around.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Potatoes and onions and cheese.

I made a list of how many meals we could make with what's in the house. Including leftovers, it's about 28 dinners but we're almost out of breakfast stuff. Must gird my loins and go shopping next week when we run out of milk.